| 𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐓𝐄𝐍: 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐄𝐘𝐄 𝐎𝐅 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐒𝐓𝐎𝐑𝐌 |

| 𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐓𝐄𝐍 |
𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐄𝐘𝐄 𝐎𝐅 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐒𝐓𝐎𝐑𝐌

|  𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐓𝐄𝐍  |𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐄𝐘𝐄 𝐎𝐅 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐒𝐓𝐎𝐑𝐌

"𝐆𝐎𝐎𝐃 𝐌𝐎𝐑𝐍𝐈𝐍𝐆 𝐒𝐀𝐌." Adelaine said tiredly as she entered the kitchen.

"Hey." She said turning to look at her with a sided smile. "I was about to go to wake you, why are you up so early?" She asked confused, while she kept working on breakfast for the two.

"I don't know... I barely slept an eye. I guess I have too much on my mind." She shrugged, trying not to give it importance.

"You want to talk about it?" Sam placed a plate with some eggs and a burned toast in front of her, the sight of it making her stomach churn.

"Not really." She said, pushing the food away from her, a sympathetic smile on Sam's face.

"Things will work out with Diana, don't worry." She said reassuringly. Adelaine listened to her sister's words, trying to believe them while she stood up from the table and gathered her stuff.

"I hope so." She said facing her "I'm heading off, I see you later."

She smiled one last time before putting on her coat and scarf.

"Oh I forgot, Gilbert came by early to let you know that he's not going to school today. Try not to get lost getting there by yourself." She mocked, before turning around and heading upstairs.

Gilbert wasn't going to school today. The words kept repeating on her mind over and over again. Gilbert would never miss school, he loved going there. Except his father...

Adelaine walked out of the house, her boots instantly coming in coming in contact with the snow. Her eyes wandered to the small cabin that could be seen in the distance. There was smoke coning out of the chimney and most of the lights were on. Her heart hurted at the thought Gilbert's father getting worse and worse every day. She wanted to do something, anything, to make him feel better.

So with that on mind, her feet absentmindedly started moving, leaving a mark on the snow were they stepped. She couldn't comprehend what she was doing right now. Was this a good idea? Of course not, yet she couldn't help it. She wanted to see how he was doing, he wanted to see him.

She stopped in front of the door, her fist raising to the door, but freezed before she could touch it. She shook her head to herself, taking a step back.

"This was a terrible idea." She whispered, turning around to start walking back to where she came from.

Suddenly, the door behind her opened, causing Adelaine to look at it startled. She screamed in a high pitched voice, placing a hand over her chest.

"Oh I'm sorry dear, I didn't mean to scare you." The woman standing at the door frame said nicely "I'm Miss Kincannon, can I help with something? Someone you're here to see?" She asked, introducing herself.