| 𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐓𝐇𝐈𝐑𝐓𝐘-𝐓𝐖𝐎: 𝐌𝐄𝐌𝐎𝐑𝐈𝐄𝐒 |

| 𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐓𝐇𝐈𝐑𝐓𝐘-𝐎𝐍𝐄 |
𝐌𝐄𝐌𝐎𝐑𝐈𝐄𝐒

| 𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐓𝐇𝐈𝐑𝐓𝐘-𝐎𝐍𝐄 |𝐌𝐄𝐌𝐎𝐑𝐈𝐄𝐒

3 years and 4 months ago

"𝒀𝑶𝑼'𝑹𝑬 𝑫𝑹𝑰𝑽𝑰𝑵𝑮 𝑴𝑬 𝑰𝑵𝑺𝑨𝑵𝑬, Adelaine. Please stop behaving like a child." Her mother complained frustrated, shaking her head slightly as she hopped off the carriage.

Adelaine followed her close behind, taking the driver's hand to not trip because of the hight. She smiled at the man thankfully, before jogging softly to reach her mother, who looked at Adelaine with reprimanding look because of her actions. Adelaine sighed softly, tired of people complaining about everything she did, nothing that she did seemed enough for her family lately.

"Why are we home so early?" Adelaine questioned curiously. "Aren't we going to miss dance lessons? Ethan is-"

"Ethan can wait, your father wants to speak to you." Adelaine's furrowed her eyebrow at this, her father never wanted to talk to her. "Don't frown, Adelaine."

"I'm sorry, Mother." She apologized sarcastically, yet her mother didn't complain this time, opening the door to their house and motioning for her daughter to come inside, which she happily did, instantly feeling the warmth of her house.

"Good afternoon, Mrs. and Miss Donchaster." The maid welcomed them, quickly walking towards them to help Adelaine remove her coat. "Your husband is waiting for both of you."

Her mother nodded and, without saying a word, started her way to the desk, assuming Adelaine would follow her tracks.

"Thank you, Rosie. Can we make some cookies later? I'm starving." Rosie laughed softly at Adelaine's words before nodding to the small girl with a smile.

"Of course, princess. I'll wait for you in the kitchen." Rosie assured her, squeezing her shoulder with a caring expression.

"Adelaine, don't waste your father's time."

She rolled her eyes at her mother's words before turning on her heels and walking towards the desk. She was received by a reprimanding look from her mother, which seemed to be the only way she would look at her since she was born. She couldn't even remember when was the last time she shared actual quality time with her mother, that wasn't on the dance or etiquette lessons she was determined to make Adelaine take.

Her eyes instantly met her father's who was sitting in front of her, on the other side of the big, dark desk. He looked at her seriously from behind his glasses, the wooden surface scattered with papers that he had probably been reading, One in particular called Adelaine's attention, quickly recognizing the stamp that was decorating the paper.

"You wanted to see me, Father?" Adelaine asked, swallowing the lump in her throat.

Dimitri motioned for her to sit on the armchair, which she carefully did, looking at her mother, who was standing a few feet away from her with her eyes fixated on the floor. She knew that whatever her father wanted to tell her wasn't going to be something good since the tension that her parents irradiated could be easily cut with a knife. For a moment, she wished Sam would be there to protect her from whatever decision her parent had took about her life, but she knew that wasn't going to happen. Sam wasn't here, she never was.