| 𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐅𝐎𝐑𝐓𝐘 - 𝐎𝐍𝐄: 𝐈𝐓'𝐒 𝐌𝐄, 𝐇𝐈 |

| 𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐅𝐎𝐑𝐓𝐘 - 𝐎𝐍𝐄 |

𝐈𝐓'𝐒 𝐌𝐄, 𝐇𝐈

𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐆𝐑𝐎𝐔𝐍𝐃 𝐖𝐀𝐒 𝐂𝐎𝐕𝐄𝐑𝐄𝐃 𝐈𝐍 𝐒𝐍𝐎𝐖 as Adelaine finished her path through the trees  to reach the beautiful clearing

𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐆𝐑𝐎𝐔𝐍𝐃 𝐖𝐀𝐒 𝐂𝐎𝐕𝐄𝐑𝐄𝐃 𝐈𝐍 𝐒𝐍𝐎𝐖 as Adelaine finished her path through the trees  to reach the beautiful clearing. Even though she didn't really enjoy winter, in times like this, she couldn't help but think that Avonlea was the most mesmerizing place she had ever seen. The clearing's lake was completely frozen and all the boys on her class were skating and playing Hockey over it. Adelaine chuckled softly at the unusual sight.

A few months had passed since she had read the letter. A few months since the excruciating torment began. She was still having some trouble accepting that Frederick, the worst human being in the entire planet, was her father. The fact that he had disappeared completely wasn't helping either. After that night, Adelaine had tried to search for him, find him somewhere to confront him about the new piece of information, but he was nowhere to be found. Eventually she gave up, since she was almost certain that he wasn't going to give up that easy.

The other thing that was stuck in her mind was Ethan. After their fight that day in Charlettown, they hadn't spoken again, and she missed him. Yes, she was mad at him, but he was still her best friend and right now she needed him. But, just like Frederick, she couldn't find him anywhere. She wondered for a moment if maybe he was back in London, if she would never see him again. That was something she couldn't stomach during that time, she had already lost too many people. She couldn't lose Ethan too.

"Dela!" She heard her name being exclaimed loudly, and she turned her head to find Anne and Diana waving at her enthusiastically. 

The brunette smiled at them, picking up her pace and walking towards her duo of best friends. She was greeted instantly by Anne throwing her arms around her and hugging her tightly, laugh coming out of her as it resonated next to Dela's ear.

"Hey!" Adelaine greeted, hugging her back tightly before pulling away with a confused smile. "What has you all excited?"

"I just love this place. Isn't it so romantic?" She commented, looking around and linking her arm with Adelaine. 

The brunette laughed softly, agreeing with a small nod of her head, which made her curls bounce slightly. The place was beautiful and she had no idea who had found it, but she was definitely going to thank them later. 

The boys were stuck in their own world, skating over the eyes while they laughed and played together. It was really fun to watch how most of them struggled to keep their balance over the ice, but Adelaine forced herself to focus on the task. The school had started writing a newspaper, idea of Miss Stacy, and the whole meaning of them being out there that day was to talk about the game.