| 𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐅𝐈𝐅𝐓𝐄𝐄𝐍: 𝐆𝐎𝐋𝐃 |

| 𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐅𝐈𝐅𝐓𝐄𝐄𝐍 |
𝐆𝐎𝐋𝐃

| 𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐅𝐈𝐅𝐓𝐄𝐄𝐍 |𝐆𝐎𝐋𝐃

"𝐈𝐓'𝐒 𝐒𝐎 𝐒𝐔𝐑𝐑𝐄𝐀𝐋." Adelaine said as she looked up to the sky.

"I know."

She turned to look at Ethan, who was sitting over the grass with his leg crossed. His eyes were closed as he took in the sun that shined above them. There was no denying that Ethan Irwin was beautiful, even if Adelaine never thought of him that way, she wasn't blind. Nevertheless, there was other person she thought was completely beautiful, and she wanted to smack herself for that.

Adelaine shook her head softly, taking his image out of her head as she analyzed the garden they were at. She had never realized before the beauty and peace it irradiated. It was her own patio and she barely spent time here nowadays, between school, the book club and the hospital, she only had time to relax at her own house at night. But she could definitely get used to this.

"You still haven't told me what are you doing here." She reminded him with a curious look. He opened one eye to look at her carefully, causing her to raise an eyebrow. He sighed lightly, straightening his back so he could talk to her more seriously.

"I'm afraid you're going to be mad at me." Was the only thing he said, making Adelaine even more curious. What could be so bad that he didn't want to tell her?

"When am I ever not mad at you?" She said playfully, Ethan scoffing at how bold Adelaine could be sometimes. He had met many people in his life, yet never managed to find anyone that came remotely close to her. "Just say it, Irwin."

"I got a job." He said, making Adelaine confused as to what this had to do with him being there, or why she would be mad at him. Before she could ask anything, he talked again, the words freezing her to her bones "At your uncle's company."

Adelaine simply sat there, looking at him with wide eyes, as she took in the past piece of information. She felt like the blood on her body stopped moving, everything was paralyzed inside of her, except for her mind. Her thoughts swirled quickly through it as a million different scenarios came to it. This had to be a bad joke.

"You're kidding." Was the only thing she managed to say, as he shook his head softly a looked down, waiting for her reaction.

She stood up from the bench and started to pace around the garden, while she scratched her forehead softly in an attempt to calm herself.

"Why? I mean, how on Earth do you think that working for Frederick is remotely a good idea?!" She questioned, turning around to face him with her hands on her hips. He stood up from the grass, shrugging softly.

"I don't know Adds! I needed to work and he offered, and he's been really nice for-"

"Of course he is." She cut him with a scoff, as she started her way inside the house with Ethan following her close behind.