Chapter Twenty eight

_____________________________

Both of them got inside the large hole anticipating of what was going to happen next. They both were further inside as they saw something which made Jungkooks eyes go as wide as possible.

- H-hyung?

He whispered looking at the stone man who looked like he was freezed just when he was about to snatch something. Ji-ae looked at the stone man and there it was the other half of the stone.

She took a deep breath as she looked at Jungkook for the last time.

~

The King stood inside the forest, that was the same place where he met her, where he saw her for the first and last time. Even after 50 years, there never was a single day where he did not miss her. When she left his tent, she took a huge part of him with her which never recovered after her departure. 

- You visit this place often, my lord. I was always curious about it, but never asked you why.

His commander - Kim Seokjin asked. As he looked at him through his shoulder smiling a little he turned to his front again.

- This was the place where I fell in love for the first and last time.

He said looking up in the sky, his pink lips forming in a smile as his mind took him to other world. Seokjin's voice brought him back to reality.

- Here? In the woods? Was she a village girl?

He asked curiosity growing inside him as  his handsome features formed in a frown. Jungkook chuckled.

- A queen. She was a queen. Queen of the land we are ruling now. She came here to kill me.

Hearing that Seokjin couldn't help but gasp.

- To kill you? And you fell for her?

- Yeah something like that happened. It's been 50 years and I still cannot forget her. Growing this old yet she comes in my dreams always. Everyday, I ask God the same question. Where is she? But I guess I never got the answer to that.

The king explained as he nodded his head.

- Yeah love is like that.

The older male stated, Kim SeokJin was the general commander of his kingdom who was with the King sonce he could remember. Both of them shared a very special brother like bond and he knew he could rely on his commander anytime.

After a few minutes of walking around, SeokJin went near his King and bowed.

- My lord, the sun is about to set. We need to go back.

He said as The King sighed not wanting to leave this place, the was a certain peace he felt whenever he visited this place. It was as if he forgot about every existential issue he had in his life. It was his absolute favourite place and his only wish was to meet his death in this specific spot.

- You're right. Let's go.

He started walking towards his white horse and just when he was about to climb on it, a sharp pain shot in his heart. He groaned loudly as he clutched his chest and fell on the ground. The immense pain making it hard for him to stand on his feet.

Seokjin looked behind to see the younger male on the ground taking deep breaths. He ran towards him as he took his head in his arms.

- What? What is happening to you? My lord are you okay? Please respond.

He took out a shell as his mouth touched the end of the tip making a loud noise he indicated his soldiers an emergency.

- Its okay.. I guess my wish is going to be true now.

He said before closing his eyes a smile on his lips. And even till last her picture came in his mind.

- My Queen.

~

Ji-ae and Jungkook entered the cave together, the eerie silence was making it hard for them to stay calm. Jungkook was close to Ji-ae, afraid that something might happen to her. As soon as they entered the cave, a blinding light emerged as they put their arms in front of their eyes to protect it. They adjusted to the light as Ji-ae saw exactly the same men who fought with her that day for the stone.

Jungkook looked at the men who were turned into white stone as his eyes widened looking at one particular male.

- H-Hyung?

He looked at the man who had a very similar face to his bestfriend and brother -- Jung Hoseok. He could not believe it that even he was a part of this cycle.

Ji-ae walked towards the man had the other half of the stone. She looked back to see Jungkook for the last time as she held her necklace in her hand, tears were streaming down her face as she found her hand stretching towards the other half of the cursed stone.

- Ji-ae.

She suddenly heard his voice as she turned around.

- Are you okay? Why are you crying?

He asked as she didn't listen to him. She just can't. She was waiting for this moment forever and now its here. She closed her eyes before attaching the piece to the other piece.

Ji-ae opened her eyes because of the momentum caused by the stone as she flew across the area as Jungkook hurriedly ran towards her. They both saw the stone levitating in the air as blue smoke filled the area, a gust of wind started making it hard for them to open their eyes. After a great deal of trouble, the stone stopped levitating and fixed on the same place where it was before.

Ji-ae felt as if she was as light as a feather. Her breathing slowed as her eyes were half opened. Jungkook looked down to see, a soft white glow coming from Ji-ae's body. He panicked seeing the state she was in. Ji-ae took his face in her hand as she smiled a little. 

- I'm happy that I am dying in the arms of the man I love.

She whispered as Jungkook shook his head vigorously a pool of tears streaming down his face.

- No no please no why didnt you tell me this?! Please no.

Jungkook was going feral looking at Ji-ae in this state, the woman he knew was a strong hot headed and compassionate woman. But in his arms was a weak, helpless girl.

- Promise me that you will forget me and live a happy life.

- But you're my life.

He argued back as she chuckled but coughed as a soft white smoke came out of her mouth.

- I don't want to go to but I can't help. He won't listen to us God is much more cruel than we think.

She said as he cried harder.

- I love you.

They both said before Ji-ae vanished in thin air and Jungkook was sitting there crying out loud.

___________________________

Hey lovelies!!

How are you?

What do you think? Is this the end? 👀👀

Well, please continue to support me like this. And please do vote and comment.

I cried writing this:")

Vote for a good skin 🥰

Thank you. I purple you.