Chapter Twelve

_________________________

The memories of the King flooded her mind as the face which was forgotten by her came back  to her like a gust of wind. Ji-ae stared at Jungkook with wide teary eyes as Jungkook was also shocked to see the overwhelming self of Ji-ae who was usually so calm and composed. Ji-ae dropped on the couch her hands tugging her hair as she was panting trying to understand what kind of sick joke was happening with her. There was no way that Jungkook was the King.

But it would explain the immediate impact he had in her life and how quickly he got close to her. Him being the King was the last piece of the puzzle.

Jungkook sat on the floor because of the push from Ji-ae as he was looking at ger. He wanted to kill the thick tension between them and remove the frown from her face.

- So now am I immortal too?

Jungkook joked trying to diffuse the tension but Ji-ae was far from wanting to laugh about this. She felt stupid and vulnerable all of a sudden because of how twisted her fate was. She finally understood that it really is a curse.

- You.. you are..

Ji-ae whispered trying to come up with a sentence but she could not as she broke down in tears. The reality hitting her bad as she felt overwhelmed with all of her emotions she was feeling at the moment.

On the other hand, Jungkook was flabbergasted. Seeing her cry ached his heart to the core as he made his way towards her as he crouched down and looked at Ji-ae who's face was buried in her hands as he sighed and slowly wrapped his arms around her still cautious of not crossing his boundaries. When Ji-ae didn't retaliate, he started patting her shoulders slowly, soothing her.

Ji-ae's face was buried in the crook of Jungkook's neck and after a while when she realised what was happening she pulled back as she wiped her tears and stood up as she finished the glass of wine.

- You are someone who is related to my past. Your previous life was connected to mine.

Ji-ae spoke, the previous emotions of hers was replaced with the cold expression of hers. Jungkook looked at her bewildered, not believing this.

- How? Woah I mean how is that possible even?

He asked not getting anything as he found this all completely absurd and nonsense.

- This is real life Jeon, and anything is possible here.

Ji-ae turned to look at a confused Jungkook as he sighed as pushed his hair back. Jungkook licked his lips as he sat down on the sofa with his hands resting on his knees. It was all too much for him to sink in and especially the role he played in her life felt like a fairytale.

- What was I?

He asked looking away from her, staring at the reflection on the glass window as Ji-ae folded her hands, wrapping her arms around her to seek some comfort from her ownself.

- You were a King. You were the one who attacked my empire which was Joyeon.

- I did? When?

- In your past life idiot.

Ji-ae rolled her eyes as Jungkook looked at her with a frown on his face.

- Explain me what happened in detail.

He insisted as she looked at the time, it was almost 4 am. She sighed and shook her head and as she looked at Jungkook and it felt weird even looking at him now.

- If you want you can stay here, you had quite a lot of alcohol. I am going, it's really late.

Ji-ae took the wine bottle with her as she made her way upstairs and as soon as she came inside her room she dropped down and took a big sip as an ironic chuckle left her mouth.