Chapter Eight.

__________________________

The next day, Ji-ae woke up and stretched her body like a cat as she got outside of the bed. She folded her blanket and brushed her hair with her fingers as she yawned and went to her bathroom. She applied some toothpaste on her brush before placing it inside her mouth and started cleaning her teeth. After brushing, she bent down to spit the foam out of her mouth and when she got back up, she saw Jungkook standinf right behind her.

- ah you startled me!

Ji-ae whisper yelled as she kept a hand on her fluctuating heart. Jungkook had a mischievous look on his face as he looked at her and then back to the mirror staring at her reflection.

- you're really short.

He said observing their both height differences, which was honestly way too much. Ji-ae narrowed her eyes at him as she she continued washing her face.

- I'm not short, you're just really tall.

- what is your height?

He asked as she looked everywhere but him. Jungkook started pestering her as she let out a defeated sigh and looked at him.

- 5'4

She said as he burst in laughter, his eyes closed as Ji-ae could see his bunny teeth out.

- I'm 5'10. See? I said you're really short.

Jungkook teased her more as his hand came up and he ruffled her hair as she looked shocked, hand still on her heart as she felt her freezed heart beating in an inhuman way. She blinked her eyes as she washed her face and went outside as fast as she could.

She went downstairs and started making some egg as she kept the bread in the toaster and started making coffee. Ji-ae was trying her very best to ignore the feeling she felt just now. She was sure that it was just because she was having a conversation with a human after a very long time and that's why she was acting up.

Ji-ae finished making the breakfast as she saw Jungkook coming downstairs with a towel around his neck.

- Eat your breakfast and leave.

Ji-ae sounded annoyed as Jungkook nodded his head as both of them settled down. As soon as Jungkook looked at the breakfast he frowned and looked back at Ji-ae who already started eating her breakfast.

- You only eat this much? No wonder you're so short.

He mumbled the last part as she shot a glare at him and he zipped his mouth.

- It's healthy and if you don't like it then go and eat your house.

She said and smiled as his eyes widen in horror as she looked at him in confusion.

- House? Oh my god.

He exclaimed as he took out his phone from his pocket as he looked at the screen and sighed. She peeked as her eyes widen

138 missed calls, mom, tae, short hyung, sunshine hyung.

- Fuck my life.

He whispered as he typed something and started eating his food.

- What happened? Not like I'm curious or something. Just asking.

She said eating trying to act nonchalant as Jungkook looked at her.

- Huh? Oh, I was out all night and maybe mom saw it. She's used to me not coming home but I guess Taehyung hyung told her that I wasn't with them either. So I guess that's why she got so concerned.