Chapter eleven

_________________________

1495 England.

The town was lit up with candles and the market was lively. In contrast to the everyday life of the town, which was dull and people who were scared to come out due to the famine and plagues, this time of the year was where everyone enjoyed their lives to the fullest.

Ji-ae was walking down the street when she saw James in his suit and hat waiting for her near the bar. She walked towards him as he looked at her and bowed a little as she nodded. He took her hand in his as they both came inside the small bar and settled down in the quiet corner.

James cleared his throat as he kept his hat on the side of the table as Ji-ae placed her woolen shawl on the side.

- So, do you have the answer to my question?

James asked looking right into her eyes as Ji-ae sighed. James was a good friend of Ji-ae, both of them became quite close when Ji-ae decided to move to England. He was really helpful with a lot of things. Soon they started crossing their boundaries as Ji-ae and James decided to be friends with benefits. They fulfilled eachothers sexual desires but Ji-ae did not feel any romantic emotions for him.

As for James, he fell for her.

One day, when James was coming to Ji-ae's place some muggers tried robbing James and in that process, he was severely injured. To save him from the thugs, Ji-ae had to use her powers and saved him. Eventhough James wasn't her romantic partner, she still considered him as a friend and towards him she felt a sense of loyalty which was reciprocated by him too.

During the encounter with the muggers, James who was perilously wounded still managed to have a glimpse of Ji-ae using her powers. James was bewildered and asked her about it but Ji-ae was so nervous and perplexed that she didn't know how to answer.

- Yes, I do have an answer for your question.

Ji-ae started as James looked at her attentively. Both of them had a serious expression before Ji-ae broke into a warm smile.

- The answer to your question is that you saw wrong. I acquire no such power in my body, and especially a blue smoke thing which you said.

Ji-ae laughed as James looked confused and baffled.

- B-But I am sure that I did see something.

James muttered as Ji-ae took a sip of the tea from her cup and looked at him with a smile as she held his hand.

- You hit your head, James. It must have got something to do with that.

She said as James sighed and nodded as he looked at her and smiled back.

- I am sorry for asking you such an absurd question.

James said shaking his head as Ji-ae just smiled. Soon, the night became darker as both Ji-ae and James came back to Ji-ae's place. They started kissing eachother as James groaned in between the kisses. Both of them stumbled in the kitchen as Ji-ae's back hit the table. She closed her eyes as she once again let her mind be distracted which was filled with the thoughts of the curse and the stone.