Chapter seventeen

________________________

Jungkook's POV

I was standing in the middle of the woods. The tall pine trees were towering over me as I was walking around with no destination. The trees seemed to be endless as I suddenly saw fog covering the previous tall pine trees. I closed my eyes as I could hear faint sound of cries. My forehead frowned as I tried to listen to it more closely but then the sounds started to get louder and louder until it was almost deafening.

The loud wailing was the only thing I could hear as I started to run. My naked feet were hurting me, the rough ground of the forest, the stone piercing deep inside my skin but I could not stop running. There was this urge inside me to go near the source of the wailing. I was still running when I found two large birch trees which were standing almost 10 feet next to eachother.

I frowned as I stood away from both the birch trees, until I could see a blue spark in between them. I followed my instincts as my feet started moving again and I went in between those two trees and suddenly a gush of wind appeared as I kept my arm in front of my face to cover my eyes.

When I opened them, I was in a completely different place.

No longer was I surrounded by the tall pine trees. Instead, I was surrounded with yew trees. I started walking deeper and deeper into the forest as a faint voice could be heard from the middle of wherever I was.

The trees changed yet again, as this time the dull Yew trees were replaced by bright Dogwood trees. I was walking through the trees and suddenly I saw a humongous Stag standing in front of a completely different tree which I could not recognise.

My eyes widened when I saw the majestic Stag standing tall and with pride. The aura which the Stag was radiating made me want to bend down on my knees, I could not understand the sudden change in my behaviour.

The Stag started to take steps towards me as I was unable to move back even if I wanted to. The Stag was standing right in front of me and the light of the Stag was making it difficult for me to keep my eyes open.

There was an eerie silence between us as I was looking directly at the Stag's eyes. I looked around to see if anyone was there, if this was one of my dreams then I am sure I would see the King or Ji-ae soon.

- Hello, Jungkook.

I heard a voice as I looked in front to see it was none other than the Stag speaking. I was terrified as I wanted to take a step back, but I could not.

- Woah! What in the satan's butt is going on? Y-You.. no way. You can't speak.

The Stag was simply looking at me who was beyond shocked to even comprehend a single sentence. I was flabbergasted to see an animal speaking to me.

- You must be shocked right now.

The Stag spoke again as my eyes were still wide open as my hand was covering my mouth to stop another loud gasp from escaping.

- Of course! Do you see animals speaking everyday?

I exclaimed as I could see the Stag tilting his head. After a minute of adjusting to the fact that I was actually here with a speaking Stag, I decided to speak again.

- Is this a dream?

I asked hesitantly as The Stag just shook his head.

- This is not a dream, but a part of your reality.