Chapter Five

________________________

Ji-ae never bothered to help anyone. One of the major reasons for her curse was how her recklessness and unavailability of empathy towards others killed so many. She wasn't the type to care if one lives or dies, she knew better than to be weak and help others while you are putting yourself in danger.

But here she was, taking this strange man to her house by risking her big secret.

She didn't know why she was having no control over her actions since the past few weeks, it was as if someone messed with her default settings and she felt a whole different person than what she was used to be.

Saving Jungkook and then taking him to her house was the biggest mistake she was about to do after entering that tree, but she wasn't even stopping herself from doing it.

Ji-ae sighed as she didn't want to think much about it as she reached her house which was deep inside the woods. Ji-ae liked the quiet so it was obvious for her to stay away from the chaotic city. Her house was a large two floor modern house, the windows which were made of glass helped her stare at the sky whenever and whenever she was. She designed it just like how she wanted it to be.

Ji-ae pulled the car inside her garage as she got out of her car

Ji-ae pulled the car inside her garage as she got out of her car. There were almost 28 cars inside her garage because one day she decided to have a car collection but soon got bored by her new habit. She walked towards the opposite side of the car and opened the door to where Jungkook was seated and when she was trying to wake him up, he wasn't even moving an inch from his place. She sighed in frustration.

- ah such a weak human.

Cursing furiously, she held his hand and with a blink of an eye both of them were inside her house as she helped him lay down on the black leather couch. Ji-ae walked towards the kitchen and made a soup for him and looked for the medical box. After finding it, she put the soup on tray and a warm water bottle beside it as she held the first aid box in her other hand and came back to the living room only to find Jungkook missing.

She looked around as he was wandering around the house.

- Where do you think you are going?

She asked as he flinched. He turned around soon as he laughed nervously scratching the back of his head as he said.

- I was searching for you.

He cheekily said as she narrowed her eyes. She gestured him to follow her as both of them sat on the table and she placed the tray in front of him.

- Eat this.

She said as she gave him the bowl of soup and he took it and started eating as she sat on the table in front of him.

- Is this your house?

Jungkook asked curiously, his big eyes roaming around the house as if it was his first time being in this world.