Chapter Sixteen

____________________________

Jungkook started the engine as he drove to Ji-ae's place. Angry tears were forming in his eyes as it was becoming difficult for him to focus but he was still over 100 speed. Several thoughts were roaming inside his head, his parents fighting was a very common thing for him but for some reason when he saw his sisters tears in her eyes because of their own parents, he felt furious and helpless.

His sister meant everything to him. When they were little, he tried everything he could to protect her from their parents fights but as time passes by she started gaining intellectual abilities as she figured out what was happening. Since then, she distanced herself from their parents and started to be more alone. Jungkook got busy with his studies and heir responsibilities as he couldn't really focus on Chaeyoung.

Lost in his thoughts he didn't realise when he stopped in front of Ji-ae's house. He stopped the car as he stood outside the gate and ringed the bell three times. When he thought she would not open the door, the door opened and Ji-ae appeared wearing a white satin night dress with her hair down and Jungkook was taken aback by how ethereal she looked.

- Jungkook? What are you doing here at this time?

Ji-ae frowned looking concerned to see Jungkook who was looking so emotional. His bambi eyes which she adored so much was shining with tears and his cheeks and nose were red. It was clear that he was crying.

- Please be my comfort.

Jungkook whispered sniffing as he put his body on hers as he hugged her. Jungkook's head buried inside the crook of her neck as she stood straight still shocked by his sudden action. Ji-ae came back to his senses as she noticed she had tears in her own eyes, she frowned looking confused.

Why am I crying?

She thought as she wrapped her arms around his muscular body after a minute she separated first as he saw his face which was looking like a rudolph. She resisted the urge to let out a laugh as she turned around and walked towards the kitchen. She took out two mugs as she made some coffee for both of them and when she turned around she saw Jungkook standing next to her

-You scared me.

She hissed annoyed as he looked at her.

- Sorry.

He mumbled as he sat on the platform. She handed him the mug of coffee as he took a sip of it. Ji-ae looked at Jungkook who was swinging his legs while looking down. She sighed still being hesitant to ask him what was the reason for his sudden appearance.

- What happened to you?

Ji-ae asked as she saw Jungkook looking wearied off. A long exhausted sigh left his mouth as he played with the handle of the cup.

- Family problems.

He shortly replied as Ji-ae understood what he meant. She had an idea that Jungkook's relationship with his father was not the most ideal.

- You're lucky to have no family. You're lucky to live alone. Theres no one to hurt you no one to say anything to you.

Jungkook started saying as Ji-ae scoffed and shook her head.

- You cannot be more wrong, Jungkook. Remember that my own mother performed rituals so that I can be stopped. Also, you at least have someone to call your family. You at least have someone to care about.

A melancholic look was visible on Ji-ae's face as it was Jungkook's turn to scoff.

- Care? Family? You don't know shit, Ji-ae. I would rather be alone than be with those people.