Chapter Twenty seven

___________________________

Ji-ae came back home as she plopped herself on the couch and let out a sigh. Her lips were still shining with a smile as she remembered the way Jungkook treated her today, he made her feel so special that she almost forgot about every worry she had. A deep sigh left her lungs through her mouth as she stared at the pictures both of them took together at the pool side.

She heard footsteps as she turned and saw both Mina and Sana making their way towards her. She sat up as she looked at both of her friends when they came and hugged her. She would have been confused at first, but after two centuries of living together she was used to their sudden love blasts.

Three of them snuggled as they were silent, not sure of what to say. They knew their end was coming soon and no matter how greedy they wanted to be, they knew that this time they had to choose what is right.

- If the other side really exists, I want you both to promise me that we will meet there.

Mina spoke first as Ji-ae gulped the lump forming in her throat. She had to stay strong for both of them because she owed them a lot. The last 200 years of living with them made her miserable immortal life bearable. Before Jungkook, it was them who made her feel wanted and she was forever grateful to have these two as her friends.

- Or, if the second life exists and we are born again then we three should be born in the same year and be bestfriends like now.

Sana added as the other two nodded their heads. 

- We could be roommates like now.

Ji-ae suggested as both of them nodded their heads excitingly as they spent the night chatting and laughing, spending their last moments together. 

~

It has been four days since the four of them, Jungkook, Ji-ae, Sana and Mina started searching for the stone. They marked different corners of the forest to make sure that they were not missing any part. They divided their teams into two, Mina and Sana, and Jungkook and Ji-ae.

Even after four long days of searching they could not find the place where two large birch trees stood. On the fifth day, they just had to search for the last corner of the forest as they thought of doing it together. After almost 4 hours of searching and walking, Ji-ae stopped as she looked at the three of them.

- This isn't working.

She declared as they frowned.

- What do you mean?

Sana asked as she scoffed.

- I mean, we have been searching here for four days! Do you see any trees?

She said annoyed because even after all this hustle they still could not find the two birch trees.

- We will find it, Ji-ae. Let's have some more patience.

Mina tried to reason out with Ji-ae but she groaned and looked away as Jungkook who was silent clicked his tongue.

- Let's search for it some more, I am sure we will find it.

Jungkook spoke. Ji-ae's behaviour was getting on his nerves but he did not want to argue with her so he tried to calm her down. Ji-ae glared at him as she walked towards him.