37. Slain

"Hurry up, please!" Andromeda whispered to Hera who was leading them down the hallways in her wing. Hera winced and nodded turning to her right. She stopped, causing Andromeda to run into her back and Araya to run into Andromeda's. Hera looked at them before she walked to the wall on her right and started to move the paintings that were hung on it.

"What're you doing?" Andromeda asked, her eyes darting behind her to make sure no one was coming for them. When she looked back around, Hera and Araya were halfway across the wall. Hera's hand brushed against the border of a painting before she moved forward. Andromeda caught up to her, "Hello?" She whisper yelled trying to grab Hera's attention.

"Shush." Hera reprimanded as she moved onto the next painting, pushed it to the side and knocked on the wall behind it. When she recognised the familiar echo she grinned at Andromeda and then took the canvas off of the wall, "Now, I need you to break this wall."

"Excuse me? That's pure concrete-"

"Just do it." Hera rolled her eyes and took a step back, holding up the painting as a barrier making Araya raise her shield.

Andromeda sighed, rolling her shoulders backwards as she readied to ram her shield through the wall. She took a feet steps back, zoned her eyes in on the middle of the wall, and then ran towards it. Banging into it with a muted grunt, she felt the plaster crack and bend inwards. Pieces of it fell around her feet and she inhaled the white powder that rose from it.

"Perfect." Hera clapped and pushed Andromeda out of the way. Her hands began to dig through the wall, clearing the plaster out of the way to reveal a glass box.

She grabbed onto it, tearing it away from its hiding place before walking away from Andromeda and Araya to place it on a table in the hallway. She looked around before her eyes zeroed in on the sword in Andromeda's hand, "Cut me."

She held her palm out and Andromeda regarded her with a crazy look before slicing it across Hera's hand, immediately drawing blood. Hera winced before she covered the entirely of the glass box with her blood. She took a step back causing Andromeda to follow suit. The glass box began to shake violently, knocking down the vase next to it. Eyes wide, Andromeda watched as the glass box disappeared completely, dropping its contents onto the marble table with a loud clang.

Andromeda and Araya took a step forward, both mesmerised by the purple velvet with a golden block print. Andromeda ran her fingers along it, the softness calming her down, as she pulled it away from the weapon underneath it. Her eyes caught on the hilt first, intricate designs carved into old gold, streaks of black sitting comfortably within the engravings. The pommel round and sturdy, a beautiful ruby placed in the centre of it. The blade glinted as Andromeda picked it up, her hand tightened around the handle as she passed her finger along the sleek edge. Taking a step back she cut through the air, testing it out, before turning to grin at Araya.

"Let's go!" She said, already walking along the hallways to get downstairs, hoping that Reina, Cassandra and Dahlia were already there.

"Cass, look out!" Reina grunted, using the ledge to prop herself onto the guards shoulders and wrap her thighs around his neck. She grabbed onto his helmet, pulling it away to get a firmer grip along his head. She pushed her hands tightly against his forehead as he fell backwards in a desperate attempt to get Reina off of him. Reina simply used this to tighten her thighs around him, her leg raised upwards as she sent a kick to his ribs.

A few more seconds passed before the man stopped writhing against her, his body going limp and eyes rolling backwards. Reina jumped onto her feet, her eyes darting to the expanse of white trees behind the palace. Parts of it were burning to the ground and a glimpse of colour would pass by every now and then. The lower leaves were covered in red and slime green, colours that Reina had come to detest unless it were in the Sins' eyes or a really cute dress.