16. Rejection

Even the moon had disappeared into the black night by the time they'd left the Honolulu airport and settled into their cars. They'd had to rent two cars since Damien had needed a separate bag for his shoes, saying they were expensive and thus had to remain in their boxes. He'd gotten smacked by three people, including Reina, because of that.

They'd reached their hotel and checked into their rooms. Reina had a separate room and the boys had gotten a suite for themselves. She left to freshen up while the boys made their way into their own room.

She changed her clothes, wearing a pair of plaid shorts and a black tank top. She grabbed her phone shooting a text to Andromeda and Sebastian that they'd landed and then made her way up to the brothers.

Marcellus opened the door for her and winked at her, "Hello." He dragged out the 'l' in the word and Reina shook her head at him.

The brothers had changed into more comfortable clothing, dressed in simple shirts and sweatpants or pyjama pants.

"What time do we leave tomorrow?" Reina asked settling into a white coloured cloud-like sofa. She yawned loudly checking the time on her phone, 2:45 was highlighted on the screen and she sniffed rubbing her eyes.

"Well, from what we know about Dahlia her elder sister and her work as waitresses at the country club. They work mornings which means their shift starts in about 5 hours. Our best bet is that we book a table and request Dahlia to be our server." Cy said shooting a glance towards his wristwatch.

"I don't think she's going to just accept our story with an open mind. This isn't an incident that we need her to believe, it's the entire existence of higher powers and Greek myths." Damien expressed laying down sideways on a seat, his feet dangling off of the armrest.

"Listen, at this point, if you guys have taken violence and kidnapping off the list our only option is to talk to her and explain our stance to her." Adonis leaned against a small bar in the corner of the room.

"Reina-" Damien turned towards her to ask what she thought and then stopped short. Reina's eyes had shut and her mouth had fallen open slightly. She'd fallen asleep on the couch, Damien realised. He smiled softly and sat up.

"I'll take her down to her room." He got up and wiped his sweaty hands down on his pants. 'What am I nervous for?'

Marcellus opened the door for him as he picked Reina up, but not before grabbing the keycard that was falling out of the pockets of her shorts. He walked the short distance to the elevator and then pressed the button for her floor. He leaned against the cool metal wall and looked down at Reina's sleeping form in his arms. As if sensing his eyes on her she shuffled groaning slightly before pressing herself closer to Damien's warm figure. She mumbled incoherently and Damien had to physically stop himself from cooing.

The doors dinged open and Damien walked out of the elevator. Only once his feet hit the soft carpet of the hallway did he realise that he had forgotten to wear his shoes. He walked up to her room and opened it. He passed through the entryway then softly closed the door behind him with his foot.

His gaze wandered over the area and he smiled at the haphazardly discarded clothes over the room. He gently laid her down in the bed and then covered her with the blanket. He knelt besides her, falling to his knees. Raising a hand he gently brushed away strands of her hair away from her face.

He felt his eyes cool as they flashed brighter.

"Goodnight, πουλί." He smiled, kissed her forehead and then went back to his suite. A stupid smile on his face.

His brothers had already went to their own rooms. Marcellus and him would be sharing a room since Ambrose had needed his own room and the rest didn't question him when he took one of the three rooms in the suite.