18. Tours, Lies and Hope

"Are you going to be okay doing it?" Hades asked the third time since Cassandra said that she would take the water to Koram and keep him occupied so that he doesn't suspect anything.

Cassandra rolled her eyes discreetly and then nodded her head, "I'll be fine, my King. If my memory serves me right, which it does, wasn't it you who said that to correct my mistakes I would lead you guys to whoever was controlling all of us." She raised an eyebrow at him.

"Forget what I said; I spew bullshit left, right and centre." Hades insisted.

"Isn't that the truth?" Vasilios snickered from the chair he was sitting on and ducked immediately, missing the flaming ball that was thrown at his head.

"Enough, children!" Cassandra stood up, her seat producing a loud screech, "I'm going and that's final."

The other girls stood behind Cassandra waiting for Hades to say something to her because she called him a child.

Hades paced the width of the room once, one of his hands folded and the other picking at his lips, "You know what? I'm going to increase security around the left wing gardens where you have to meet him." He walked out of the room before anyone else could say anything leaving everyone else staring at the closing door.

Cassandra fell into her chair, "He's fucking insane."

Everyone looked at her before laughing loudly.

"But no seriously, you don't have to correct any of your 'mistakes'. If that's the only reason you're doing this you don't need to." Vasilios said and straightened up to look at her directly.

"I want to do this. I'm just as much as a part of this as any of you. I'm Hades' adviser and perhaps the only friend he has except for you guys, I'd be damned if I don't help him any way that I can." She shrugged as if it was the most natural thing.

Araya sat down on the chair next to him and looked at her, "So, how long have you been in love with him?"

Cassandra groaned loudly, "I'm not in love with him."

Hades chose that moment to walk back into the room and he looked right up at Cassandra, "Good, you shouldn't be. Whoever it is doesn't deserve you."

'If only you knew, dumbass.' Andromeda thought, sharing a look with Reina.

"Plus, you're not allowed to date till you're 80."

"We stop ageing when we're 25." Vasilios mentioned and Hades threw a glare his way.

"Yeah right." Cassandra said and then checked the clock, "Nine hours to go." She sighed.

"Let's do something." Reina announced looking at Hades, "I'm sure you have a lot of stuff to do here."

"How about I give you guys a tour of the palace grounds?" Cassandra suggested, excitement glimmering in her eyes.

"Yeah, go ahead. I have to attend to court matters and Vasilios, I'm sure has to get back." Hades said and stood up, passing a timid smile to Cassandra.

They all walked out of the room, going their separate ways.

Vasilios turned to Hades, "So, how long have you loved her?"

Vasilios was expecting another fireball aimed at him, even a slap on the head. What he didn't expect was the sad smile that overtook Hades face.

He also definitely didn't expect the words that he said next, "Too damn long."

He looked at Vasilios once and walked away from him. His mind flashed back to Cassandra's face and he took a deep breath trying to slow the insane beating of his heart down.