Book 3: Chapter 12

Beginne am Anfang

"Who is she then? A niece? Where is she?" Finley questioned as she fondly marvels the picture where the young Professor Lupin was with the baby.

"Last I heard, she was doing well," he let out a sad smile, Finley seeing this thought it to be a very touchy subject. "She was my best friends' daughter, my goddaughter in fact."

"Well where is she? Is she going to Hogwarts too? Have you two reunited?"

No answer came out for her, she took it as a sign to leave it as it is. Lupin cleared his throat, shaking the longing feeling for the picture of him and his little moonlight, he smiled at Finley again.

"All you need to know is that she has grown up to be as spontaneous as her father and as caring and bright as her mother."

"I bet she's lovely," Finley commented, hearing the words come out from her professor made her imagine what type of person this small baby grew to be. The tone of fondness in the professor's voice showed how much he longed to see her again leaving her to wonder how the girl was doing.

"What was her name Professor?"

"Shall we?" He motioned for the door, it was most likely past midnight and Finley really needed to go back to sleep. Tonight wasn't a good night to ask a few too many questions, and the you g Slytherin girl thought so too. She's had her nose into someone else's business and she was crossing a line. Both of them walked towards the door without saying a word, Finley's thoughts still with the frame's caption.

"Professor Lupin?" Finley called on as they neared the door out of the office.

"Yes ms Evans?"

Finley pinched her own arm, thinking about how stupid she was feeling at the moment, but it didn't really hurt to ask. "Is it alright if we have tea again?"

This request seemed to take anyone aback, but to Lupin he felt honoured to have Finley request something of him as simple as a cup of tea. He liked how Finley seemed to enjoy his company.

"Of course, just not after hours. I would hate to take away points from you walking around after hours," he joked, causing Finley to turn red remembering how she was caught walking around the halls.

"Good night now Miss Evans."

"And you too Professor."

"I'm sorry but this isn't really the right time," Finley said in haste at the golden haired boy who pursued her again the next day. Just as she finished Care for Magical creatures, as soon as both Blaise and Theo left her to her own devices, the Ravenclaw boy approached her again. She wasn't in the mood for anyone to talk to her, she wanted to go to the library to get her Arithmancy done before her next class and she was running short on time.

"Just please, go out with me," Henry Bennet of Ravenclaw said, almost begged. It was tiring to Finley to turn the boy down, it was rather tiring to just run away from him every time he asks her something. This has been going on for what? A month? And it was nearing Christmas break and it was starting to be a pain in the ass.

"Why do you want to go out with me anyway? Don't you have anything else to do?" She groaned walking faster hugging her book closer to her chest.

"Just one trip to Hogsmaede before the break, that's all I ask," Henry begged. Turning around Finley didn't want to turn around but she needed to, to see how sincere the bloke was at asking her out.

"One?"

"Unless you like the first date then we can go on another one," Henry suggests but it wasn't really helping his case. Plus he asked her loudly in the middle of the corridor filled with bustling students, they were all staring at her waiting for an answer.