I laughed and realized that I did sound drunk, What? Has it become a habit for me to behave like this after a crying session?

"No Kenna, I'm not drunk. You see me and Ace aren't dating, we aren't in love or anything like that," I shrugged my shoulders.

"What?!" She shrieked. "Girl, storytime tell me everything."

I pulled my duvet closer to me. "You see I didn't know Ace before the day we crossed paths at the cafe," I began and the memories of the moments began clouding my mind. "I found out later that day about the dating arrangements when my mother told me."

"Okay then," Kenna urged me on.

"So I was totally against the idea of dating a stranger. But my mum had already told the reporters. You know now that I think about it, I'm curious as to why my mother was so keen on this relationship," I said as I sat up from my bed as I continued. "At the dinner, I planned to tell them off but Ace gave me a proposal."

"Oh, so Ace was the one who came up with the dating proposal," She stated and I momentarily shook my head and told her to be quiet.

I told her everything from the conversation in the dinner to the date night gone wrong and to Nana.

"Uh uh, there had not been any articles about Ace being engaged. I don't think that Nana girl was telling the truth, she also didn't show you the ring which means there's no ring," She reassured me.

"It doesn't matter to me anyway," I mumbled.

"Are sure you haven't caught feelings for Ace?"

"Oh my God Kenna," I groaned and buried my face under my pillow. "I'm not at the age to start relationships, I can't finish. What's going on between Ace and I, is just a deal and nothing more."

I heard her laugh, "You're just twenty-six baby girl, and you've only been in one relationship. There's a ninety-five percent chance that you and Ace would fall in love or maybe be enemies with benefits," She said, singing the last sentence.

I snorted, "Really, Kenna. Ninety-five? Enemies with benefit?"

"I said what I said. Bet it with me, you and Ace would end up having feelings for each other, and you would be all over each other," Kenna snickered.

I sat up and brought my knees to my chest. "That would never happen," I gagged.

"Alright, let's bet.," Kenna said, and I bit my lower lip. Do I really want to bet on something I'm not certain of?

I shook my head, "Ace isn't the type to settle for one person and you know that. He breaks girls' hearts faster than changing socks."

"And you're going to change that," She squeaked.

I rolled my eyes at her obliviousness.

"Talking of Ace. I have something that I really need to show him," She said in a more serious tone.

Then realization hit me and I asked. "Is it about how you found out that someone was planning to kill him?"

She heaved a sigh and said, "Yes, Quinn. I found out something that's much more surprising than you could ever imagine."

~~~~~♡♡♡~~~~~

I woke up earlier than usual the next morning because I had to get to set early and Dylan is finally going to tell us every single detail about eight years ago.

I hurriedly had my bath and dressed up. As I was struggling with putting on my jean my eyes caught my phone and I grabbed it. Ace didn't bother to call?

I huffed and placed my phone in my bag, how could he not call? He has to explain Nana. And yet he didn't make any attempt to explain. It has been exactly twenty-four hours! He had twenty-four hours to explain and he didn't.

As I got out of my apartment I saw Kenna coming out of the elevator. We immediately hugged each other, when we pulled apart my face paled as I saw her tear-stained face.

"Kenna," I said softly and she began sobbing, I pulled her back into a hug instantly. I felt the tears stinging my eyes but I swallowed it back.

"I just....I just can't," She whimpered and I caressed her back. "I understand how hard it must be. But Dylan is back which means we can find out the truth about the incident," I told her and she nodded as we released each other and held hands.

I held her hands tighter and told her what I've been quoting to myself throughout the night.

"The people who caused the incident will not go away easily this time."

~~~~~♡♡♡~~~~~

Hey guys!!!!!

What do we think about this chapter?

And why did Kenna react like that?

Anyways don't forget to VOTE, COMMENT AND SHARE!!!!!

QOTD: Kenna or Quinn? Who would you rather spend a day with?

This is a hard one 😭 because with Quinn we would go wild and have nobody to keep us in check.

And with Kenna we would practically end up partying and meeting new people just like she did with Ace.

I'll leave this one to you guys.