19| Eight long years

Start from the beginning

"And you're still a gentleman as always letting me finish my karaoke before teasing me," I said remember the days when I would go to parties and dance my feet off. Dylan would always make sure to stay sober to take me home. He was the perfect boyfriend.

I saw his face flush as he bite his lower lip and chuckled before moving at the green light. I found myself smiling and I turned to my side to admire him.

His side view was the cause of my death. All the girls hated me because of how Dylan was always attracted to me, but that's high school for you. There would always be girls no scratch that, there would always be people who would talk about you behind your back and hate you for no reason.

My gaze moved to his full pink lips and my pupils dilated as the memories of the countless time we kissed came to mind again. Then he turned. "I miss the feeling of your staring at me," He teased and I laughed hitting his arm.

He smiled slyly at me before turning back to the road. I sat properly and couldn't help but continue smiling at his words.

~~~~~♡♡♡~~~~~

I got to my apartment and immediately when to take a bath. I sat in the bathtub filled with water as my thoughts drifted away to earlier today.

Who's Nana? What does she mean by she and Ace are engaged? And more importantly, why does my thoughts go to Ace constantly?

Is it due to our lack of communication for the past few days? I sighed and used my hand to brush through my hair. I sank deeper into the water, it was warm and I had mixed all the essentials in it to leave my skin soft and healthy.

I looked heavenwards and shut my eyes. I wanted to know everything about what happened but Dylan said he would tell us everything tomorrow.

How am I supposed to hold my curiosity until tomorrow?

I slowly sank into the water, my limbs we're totally into the water with only my head out. I finally kept my head in, my curly hair was out. Well not for long because I laid down deeper and disappeared into the warm bath.

~~~~~♡♡♡~~~~~

"What?" Kenna said over the phone.

"I know, I know. I was shocked, It felt unreal," I cried. I called Kenna and filled her in on everything that happened today.

"It's okay," She whispered and I could feel the tears that I've been holding began to fall. A soft whimper escaped my lips and the tears fell on my pillow.

"You can cry it out, I know it must have been hard keeping it all in." She told me and I nodded admitting what she said even though she couldn't see me, my actions just made me cry more.

Kenna stayed on the phone throughout my crying session, she kept on telling me it's okay and trying to make me feel better. "You have to come over tomorrow," I cried.

"That's for sure," She laughed and I snorted between my laughs. That was our way of coping, by laughing and trying to hide the pain. But we both knew that we would be in ruins the next day when we meet.

"He's next door," I snickered and I heard her laugh again.

"You have your first love back....but you also have a boyfriend now," She giggled.

"Oh please, Ace is not my boyfriend." I dropped the bomb, I wonder why I didn't tell her this since.

"Quinn are you drunk?"