Episode 15 - Big Snake

Start from the beginning

"It's gone," Cole says, walking deeper into the cave.

Kai lays down at the entrance, panting. "That was so intense. All that action makes you so thirsty!"

I know this is a very serious situation, but I couldn't help myself. With a cheeky grin plastered on my face, I let go of Lloyd and prance over to Kai. I climb onto his lap so that my body straddles his and press my lips passionately to his. He kisses back for a moment, but ultimately comes to his senses and pulls away. He lightly pushes me off him, sending me a playful glare.

"Not that kind of thirsty," Kai says. I give him a wink before climbing off him and standing back up.

"Did you seriously just do that? In front of Lloyd?" Jay exclaims.

I shrug. "Please. He doesn't understand."

"I understand enough to know that that was dirty and gross!" Lloyd says, scrunching up his nose. I stick my tongue out at him and he returns the gesture.

"There's no time for this. We need to warn people before it becomes bigger," Zane says. He's always the one to put us back on track.

"Bigger? Bigger? That thing in one big bite crushed our entire ship!" Jay screeches. He begins to pace back and fourth. "We need to save as many as we can. We'll find some kind of refuge, somewhere safe to hide. Ooo! The Serpentine Tombs. Yeah, they're underground. Sure, we'll be without sunlight, but they'll be perfect!"

Cole turns towards him with a glare. "And what? Just give up?"

Jay paces towards Cole. "You know as well as I do, we have no chance at stopping that thing."

Kai gets up and pulls the two apart. "Hey, stop it! Listen to yourselves. Is this what Sensei Wu would've wanted? Us fighting? Running and hiding? Giving up?"

"But he's not here any more," Lloyd says dejectedly.

I walk over to my baby brother and pull him into a side hug. "But his teachings live on."

Kai nods. "Sensei once told me it's not the size of a Ninja in the fight, it's the size of the fight in the Ninja. All this training, all these battles we've had with skeletons and Serpentine. We've persevered through so much, we cant just give up now. A Ninja never admits defeat. A Ninja always picks himself up when he is down."

"Which is exactly what my Uncle would want us to do right now," I conclude.

"But how do we destroy a snake of that magnitude?" Zane asks.

"Yeah, it's not like we have an extra Sacred Flute lying around to charm it. Or wait, haha, how about one of our awesome Dragons? Oh, I forgot. They took off and left us high and dry. Or, hey, what about our Golden Weapons? Which will do nothing against a snake that size!" Jay screams. "Heh, oh, we are so hooped."

Cole sighs. "Jay's right. We would need a weapon so big."

"Or an idea that's even bigger!" Kai yells. He jumps slightly. "Hah! Jay, you're a genius!" He points at Jay who is now laying on his side, using his hand to support his head. "Are you thinking what I'm thinking?"

Jay shrugs. "Probably not, but go ahead."

"There's no time. I'll fill you guys in on the way!" Kai shouts. He races from the cave.

"Wha- where are you going?" Jay calls after him.

Kai doesn't look back. "We're going to destroy that snake once and for all."

~

Kai took us to Ed and Edna's Junk Yard. While I care deeply for Kai and trust his judgement, his choice to take us here really confuses me. This place is full of things the Devourer can eat, which would make it bigger. Plus, Kai didn't fill us in on the way like he said he would. I have no clue what he is up to.