Chapter 20-Hannah

I take a look toward my phone.

You have Received One text message
From Ethan: Man chill!

Confused, I quickly unlocked my phone to check my text messages to see that I replied to Ethan's annoying text about 5 seconds ago when I don't remember touching my phone for the past fifteen minutes.

Hannah: Back off from Hannah! Or you will regret it...

My jaw dropped. Oh god. This is bad. I quickly turned off the TV and got up of the couch. I was about to follow Jack back to his room to explain myself but I figured that he probably didn't wanted to be followed. Plus, the fatigue had hits me like a brick wall so I needed some rest since I had to wake up for school in an hour.

So I went back to bed, thinking about this whole Jack/Ethan situation when I finally fell asleep.

********************

Preparing myself to go to school was exausting that morning. Barely getting out of bed, I felt a huge weight on my shoulders that I couldn't get rid of. When I finally got downstairs I saw my dad reading his news paper sitting on the loveseat in the living room and Melissa eating her breakfest at the diner table but...no signs of Jack.

"Dad, do you know if Jack's in the shower?"

Without taking his eyes off his news, "I haven't seen him today yet honey."

I yelled "JACK?" But no response. "We're gonna be late for school!" Still no anwser. I climbed the stairs one by one and from the top of the staircase I lisnened for any sign of him being in the shower so that might explain him not hearing me calling him. But no sound from the bathroom.  Then I walked along the wall of the corridor to the guest room and knocked. Nothing.

I opened the door carefully so as not to scare Jack. But I discovered the room...empty. His stuff was gone.