Chapter 16- Hannah

Julia acted strange the whole day. I tried to talk to her at lunch but she shut me out. I had to eat in the garden. I don't really mind but I still feel that something is wrong with her latly. Anyways, Jack hanged out with me the whole time so I wasn't really alone.

At home at diner time, we were all chatting about our day.

"Hey Hannah, I have a question to ask you." Jack suddenly said.

"I'm lisnening." I replied.

"Well...were you planning on going to the halloween dance on saturday?" He asked.

"Em..."

"Patrick and I are going!" Melissa said, full of energy.

"Oh yeah? What costume are you gonna wear?" I asked her.

"Well I think I'll buy a cat costume."

"Very original..." I anwsered, sarcasticly. "But you don't think that should you wear the costumes that mom made us? I mean, you must fit in them!"

"Meh. It's old. And besides, they were not perfect I can tell you that!" She said.

"Excuse me?" My voice was firm. "It's mom we're talking about! It's like the best memory that I had with her! Don't you dare talk about her that way..."

"Oh my god! Move on! Mom isn't dead! She just has a family of her own. She's not gone forever! You could go see her if you want to, even though she has moved on from us, but you don't WANNA!" Her attitude has gone overboard.

I looked over at Jack, still waiting for his response.

"I can't do this...I'm sorry." I finally said, getting up from the table and rushing to my room.

Mom was everything to me. She was technicly my best friend. When she left, it's like a piece of me left with her. Nothing compare to the feeling of abandon. Melissa was too young to know what was going on, but only understood later, when she was old enough.

When I arrived in my room, I threw myself in my bed, a pillow against my chest and three tears fell down my cheeks.