Mr Tall Man

Wesley

Joe had arrived with his family. Angelina his daughter ran to me, yanking her up, I threw her carefully up in the air. Her giggles filled the air.

"Wesley! It's been almost two years now since I set my eyes on you?" Betty, Joe's wife said.

"I know and I hope Joe hasn't been giving you a tough time?"

"I'm used to his troubles!"

"What more can she do? She signed up for it!" Joe chuckled as he handed Jay his kite from the boot. The little boy took it and ran across the front yard.

"Where's Gennie? You said you'll be bringing her home."

A wide smile plastered on my face

"She's here, you'll meet her at dinner.

We were interrupted by Beatrice's car parking in the driveway. She came down taking out her lesson notes, how much she'd grown.

"Howdy! I knew you'd be home by the time I get here!" She said to Joe, turning to me she squealed. "Where is she?"

"Go help with the dinner, you'll meet whoever you're looking for at dinner!" I looked at her before shrugging.

"Really? Betty have you met her?"

"We just arrived!"

After having small talks with Joe and his wife, I  went up to the room to inform Gennie dinner was ready. She must've been bored being alone in the room. I had left her to give her space to relax, stress wasn't good for her, not in her present condition.

I stood unnoticed by the door for some minutes watching Gennie solve the puzzle with Henry, I was surprised, Henry wasn't the type that easily got warm up to people, but here he was with Gennie.

Henry saw me first, he stretched and ran out as I walked into the room.

Gennie had changed her clothes, she was now wearing cotton dress. She looked so simple.

"I hope the little guy isn't giving you any troubles, Henry's a hell-raiser!"

"Really? I doubt, he's really sweet!"

"Sweet? Henry? I bet you don't know whom you're talking about, Henry is far from being sweet, Nathan his older brother is the perfect sweet thing!"

"I guess every fortress has its soft underbelly!" She offered.

"Hmm! Wait until the other side is out!" I declared.

I looked as she tied her hair with a rubber band.

"Dinner is ready.."

"Great because I was beginning to starve. I'll wear something!"

She went to to the drawers. She'd put her clothes earlier and brought out a black dress. Then she brought out a sweat wear, holding them up, separately.

"Which one do you think would do?"

"Any one of them, you look beautiful in any clothe!" I said, eyeing the plain one she was wearing.

She didn't look satisfied with my answer, she looked from the sweatshirt to my face, then to the black dress.

"The sweatshirt would make you look more settled and welcomed."

"You think?"

I nodded. And made my way towards the door, she called me back.

"Wait for me, I won't be able to go down alone!"

"I don't picture you as a shy type!"

"At some point, every girl is shy, so!" She held the top to her chest. "Turn around!"

"You fuckin' kidding me? Not like there's nothing there I haven't seen before!" I scoffed, she glared.

"Replay the already saved one, no space for new downloads!"

I laughed as I looked away.

"Two minutes, after two minutes I'm looking back!"

In no time she was ready. Black sweat wear, she tied her hair up.

"Well?"

"Well, you look like the mother of my unborn child about to meet my entire family!"

"I know, but?"

"But nothing, you're amazing even with nothing on!"

"Wesley!" She blushed.

She came closer to me, handing me a necklace. I recognized it. The one I got her from Tiffany for Valentine.

"Put this on me, please!"

She lifted her hair From off her neck. The skin on her neck was glowing. Gently, I put the necklace around her neck. She turned towards me with a smile.

"Thanks, Mr Tallman!"

On her toes, she gave me a light kiss on my jaw. Her hand traced my face, I caught it, kissing each of her long fingers, before pulling her in for a kiss.

Everything in me, every desire, my whole being wanted, Gennie. I wanted Gennie to stay in my life, to wake up to her, I wanted her by my side everytime. I knew how much I loved her, how much I wanted to be with her.

Having her in my room reminded me there was a gap that needed to be filled. A yearning deep down that was met only when she was around. I wanted every bit of her, oh! How she completes me.

The fear deep inside heightened each time I look into her eyes, each time I think she would never want to stay, each time I think she's here only because she's carrying my child. Joe was right and I couldn't deny it any further, I know the reason why I went to Nigeria, why I sent her those flowers on Valentine, why I was deeply concerned about her, and most especially, why I wanted her to meet my whole family. I couldn't lie to myself anymore that it was just because of Purity, it was clear. The truth was so clear for me to see, what I felt for Gennie was different, different from the rest. With Gennie I could picture a family, a life that was real and the kind I had always wanted. What I felt was strong and at times it scared me I was going to be consumed by the growing fire within.

Gennie pulled back, gasping for air. I took the chance to breathe as well.

"Make sure to give my son your height!"

"Sure will, it would be a disaster if he took yours!" My lips curled up in a smirk.

"That was an insult you're going to pay for later, right now I need to send something down my throat!"

"Yeah! Let's get down, I'm already anticipating mother's cooking, she's the best!"

"Oh really?"

"You'll get to see it!"

"I look too casual Wesley, are you sure this would do?" She asked, looking uneasy in the sweatwear.

"You can wear a pair of heels and a dinner dress, do your hair and put on some makeup and look odd at the table!"

"Sarcastic thing!" She hissed, playfully jabbing my arm with her elbow.

"Except you're trying extremely hard to please my family, this looks okay!" I said, watching her settled a bit.

"Are you coming down or should we just stay like this forever?"

"I'd love to stay like this forever but you see, forever is too far, I'll need the strength to!"

Forever? Did she just say forever? Was she thinking of staying forever with me? I hoped so!