I Promise!

Wesley

My mind was troubled, so was everything in me when Gennie had stormed out of my hotel room that morning, but when I found her phone in the bathroom, my troubled mind seemed to calm, knowing she was definitely going to come back for the phone but what I didn't expect was seeing her in this mood. She was really interesting.

I don't think I would ever forget the look on her face some minutes ago on the sofa how she was nervously biting her nails, she reminded me of Beatrice, my sister.

I rolled over and planted a soft kiss on her bare back, her spotless skin was soft as my lips gently pressed on it.

Her head tilted towards mine. Her lips met mine and locked.

"You have barely thirty minutes to get to the airport lest you'll miss your flight!" She said when she pulled back.

"I'll get ready then!" I pulled back, sitting up.

"I'll use the bathroom first!, Did you book a ride?"

"Yeah, a chauffeur would drop me off!" I feasted my eyes on her upper body as sat up on the bed. She was a work of art.

"Cancel it, I'll drop you off!"

"I don't want to stress you, Gennie!" I argued.

"You already did, driving you to the airport is nothing compared to carrying your baby!" She said, coming closer to me. "Please??" She planted a kiss on my jaw and ran across my face to my lips.

"Okay, okay! Now go to the bathroom I'll cancel the ride, satisfied?"

~

Gennie was already waiting for me the time I came out of the bathroom all dressed. She was looking out the window. She turned when she heard me walk in.

"Ready?" She smiled walking up to me.

"Yeah! Hope I haven't left anything!" I said giving the room one final glance.

"I don't think so, but confirm!"

The drive to the airport was fast, I never knew she was a speed mistress, she didn't look like it at all. The drive was filled with laughs and talks.

She suddenly went quiet and somewhat moody when we rounded the airport road.

"It's stupid how I'm going to miss you!" She laughed, but it was forced.

I looked at her, her gaze was on the road. Her face plain with no expressions.

She was going to miss me? Felt great to know. I didn't know why I had gotten so attached to her. When she left New York, I felt a bit empty, there was something about Gennie that made me feel complete, was it because she was carrying my baby? I feared it wasn't so because even before I realized she was with my child I was still thinking about her, ways to contact her.

"Just don't miss me too much!" I smirked, earning a sudden jab on my arm with her elbow.

"Stop being cocky, don't risk it!"

"Risk it to what?" I asked, she regarded my inquiry brow and quickly focused on the road.

"Knock it off Wesley, I'm driving!" She twitched a smile on her lips.

Gennie parked the car in a parking space. I got down first, taking my traveling bag off the backseat. She walked beside me as we got inside.

I pulled her to a hug, she wrapped her arms around me, hugging me more tightly.

"Take care of yourself and the baby!" I whispered.

"I will, definitely!"

I released her, but still holding the closeness.

"You will talk to your mother right?"

She hesitated before nodding. I could see the fear in her eyes, what was the big deal?

"You'll call me after you've spoken to her, let me know what she thinks okay?"

"Okay!" She nodded.

"And whatever her reaction is, remember abortion is not and will never be an alternative, can you promise me that?"

She bit her lower lips and smiled, holding up her palm. "I promise!"

She brushed her lips over mine, earning us some stares from people around.

"Call me when you get home!" She smiled warmly into my face.
I nodded and sadly, she stepped back with her warm smile. "Be careful Wesley!"

"Oh! My regards to Emily, tell her I am grateful!"

The smiles on her face dropped, surprised replaced them, making her narrow her gaze at me. "Emily?"

"Yeah, I spoke with her, tell her it's the Westlife guy!" I gave her a mischievous wink and she grew red. I chuckled as I walked away.

Not looking back, not risking going back to her.

It was one hell of an experience.

~

Here's another short chapter, I hope I'm pardoned?🙏