So Delusional!

Gennie

'About our child'

His words kept ringing in my head. Wesley was coming to Nigeria to talk about the pregnancy. He wouldn't have bothered coming if he felt he wasn't responsible for it. So did that mean he had accepted the pregnancy? What if he came and talked of terminating the pregnancy because of his wife, did his wife know of the pregnancy? Was it going to affect his marriage? Was he getting a divorce for real?

I sighed.

"What are you doing?" Felicia, our field supervisor in the company asked hovering over me, to see the files clearly.

I looked up at her stern face and raised a brow, I was arranging the papers into their files for assessment. What did it look to her I was doing?

"You're including the blueprints, where is your mind?" She scolded.

That was when I noticed the blueprints.

"Oh!" I said blandly, scanning through the papers, taking out the blueprints I had added absently mindedly.

"Don't make the mistake again, we don't want to be probed this time Genevieve!" Felicia said, going back to her desk.

"You're right!" I mumbled.

Since Wesley had said he was coming to Nigeria, I hadn't been myself, first, it was from charred pancakes to the dodo, zoning out to incompetency at work. It was affecting my well being as well. I hadn't enough sleep throughout the nights. Why did he have so much grip on me, just the thoughts of Wesley was enough to disorganize me.

I was certain I wasn't in love with Wesley, I couldn't be, never would I be, he was someone else's husband. What scared me the most was the way my body reacted at every thought of him, at the thoughts Wesley was coming to Nigeria to see me... okay not to see me, to talk things out. Why did he work himself over the news?

I had made his reservations and he'd told me he was arriving by nine pm on Friday. Was it right to let the hotel chauffeur pick him up or was I to? Emily had insisted I did, '..it would only show you care...' she had said but did I really care? Did I really care about Wesley?

I sighed again. Felicia looked up at me.

"Genevieve are you alright?" She asked, now concerned. She wasn't using the 'supervisor' tone anymore. "You can take a break, I'll ask someone else to take it over from you!"

"What's wrong with her is she sick?" Harold walked in through the glass door. I rolled my eyes and went back to what I was doing. His cologne filled the entire office. He should at least go easy on the cologne, a fragile thing was growing inside of me. I hissed inwardly.

"She's been acting differently today sir!" Felicia replied.

"I'm fine! Don't worry Felicia I can handle this!" I said going back to work, ignoring the deadbeat man that just walked in.

Harold came closer to where I sat, I trained my eyes on the papers. Surprisingly, he placed a hand on my forehead. I shuddered from his cold touch on my skin.

"Gennie you have a fever!" He whispered.

I didn't bother checking if my head was burning up or not. What did he care?

"Like I said Harold, I'm fine!" I scowled.

"No, you're not! And that makes me worried!" He cooed.

I was a bit uncomfortable with the closeness. Before, it was everyhing I desired to keep me going every day but now it felt....dirty. Dirty? Yeah right, dirty! I shifted a bit from him, from his intoxicating sandalwood.