Forever Together!

Gennie

Wesley had gotten me off guard. I had never imagined he'd propose to me that weekend or he'll ever.

Throughout the entire day, I kept on staring at the huge stone. It was expensive I was sure, very expensive I didn't want to know how expensive it was before I was terrified of wearing it.

I had call mom, she was very happy to hear the news. Aunt Julie was screaming congratulations in the background.

Emily squealed when I video called her. She was happy. She and Daniel had gotten married and I was glad to see them together.

That evening was going to be one of the best days of my life. For once I felt like I belonged there. I avoided Beatrice at all costs the entire day.

Mrs. Adams had given me a gold necklace that afternoon saying 'it's a welcome to my family' gift.

The dress I wore was pretty simple with the makeup on my face.

I sat in the dressing room where Mrs. Adams, Miranda, Beatrice, and Betty had our makeups done.

Betty had selected the perfect colors for my face and had started suggesting an event planner for me.

"You'll move to America right my dear?" Mrs. Adams asked.

I was unsure of what to say, but I told them about resigning from my previous work and about my family.

"Don't worry, I'll help you find another work here in America!" Betty offered. "Just send me your resumè I'll send it to some agencies that'll help you find a better job here."

"Thank Betty, but that would be after I give birth, no one would want to hire a pregnant woman!" I laughed. Miranda joined.

"Of course they will, you could start work since you're only four months in then you'll be granted maternity leave and then you resume your work! Don't worry I'll work it out for you!"

"That's so thoughtful of you Betty! Thank you so much!"

"No, thanks Gennie for filling his life with so much joy!" Mrs. Adams intercepted.

"I will get to visit Nigeria and meet new guys! Yum!" Beatrice said.

After we were all dressed. Everyone went down. The men were waiting downstairs, just by the stairs in black suits. My eyes quickly found Wesley, he was there waiting.

As I walked down the stairs, I was sure this was it, this was the family I wanted to be married in to. Wesley was the only man I wanted to share my entire life with.

Forever together!

Collins introduced Lily his girlfriend to the family. Lily had just arrived and she was a pretty girl in her late twenties, she was a tall skinny lady with a straight blonde wig, she was beautiful with high cheekbones and a mold beside the bridge of her nose.

The rest of the evening went on smoothly as other guests arrived, the kids were in their best behaviors. Wesley was staring at me the whole time and as I looked up into his hazel eyes, I was sure that was where my anchor lied.

I was certain, this was going to last a lifetime!

Wesley took my hand in his as we walked out of the garden together!

We stopped as someone called on Wesley. We turned, a middle-aged man in maroon suit slapped him cheerfully on his shoulder.  Wesley's face dissolved to a wide grin.

"Dr. Phil!"

"You look happy son! Anyone that doesn't know Mr. Adams could easily mistake you for him!" The man said, his gaze settling on my face.