Guess what?

Wesley

"Congratulations man!" Joe my twin brother slapped me on my back.

I laughed as Collins poured us another drink.

"I told you from the onset she just wasn't the one. I never liked that woman, I wonder what you saw in her!" Collins said.

I shrugged, taking the drink he'd poured me to my mouth. It felt so good to reunite with my brothers, to hang out like before, talking about stuff.

"I heard you went to Africa what business do you have there?" Collins asked.

I glared at Joe, he shrugged. "Escaped my mouth by mistake!"

"They always do!" I scowled.

"Calm down buddy, you're banging black girls now?" Collins grinned.

I didn't like the way he said those words. Bang was used for hoes, Gennie wasn't a hoe.

"Watch your mouth or it bleeds!" I growled at Collins.

"Right after your's buddy, so say it already!"

"She's from Nigeria, Wesley is crazy about her!" Joe beat me to it.

"Joe!" I snapped.

"Crazy? I'm not surprised, Wesley's a fool in love! Took him just one lashes bat to undergo vasectomy!" Collins mocked. He was the bad-mouthed brother, even though he was a year older than Joe and I.

We all laughed.

"But Gennie's is different!"

"Gennie? Is that her name?" Collins asked looking at me.

"Yeah! And she's really beautiful!"

"And..!" Joe said, obviously trying to make me tell Collins of the baby.

I glared at him. He smirked. I wasn't sure I was ready to let the news spread yet, but what was the big deal? It was Collins

"And?" Joe persisted.

"And?" Collins asked looking from Joe to me. "Are you still keeping some details? Don't tell me you're marrying her! It's too soon bro!"

"It's not marriage, Gennie is having my baby!"

Collins choked on his drink. He looked confusedly at me, I smiled taking a sip of my drink as Joe did the explanations. Collins was absorbing every word Joe said. He looked happily at me as I beamed.

"In your next life, you use your head!" Collins scolded.

"I would never meet Helena in my next life."

"Then in that case why not marry her? I mean you love her and she's having your baby, except you want a bastard child!" Collins suggested.

"It's not that easy, I don't think Gennie would want to marry me, it's just too soon!" I refuted.

"What's too soon? You better hurry and make her yours before a black man snatches her." Collins advised and I dwelled on the thoughts.

Throughout the night, I thought about what Collins had said, but I didn't think Gennie would want to settle with me, she wouldn't want to abandon her life in Nigeria to live here in America. I wished she would.

I called her the next day at lunch, she answered, her tone was lazy. Didn't she go to work?

"You sound like you just hopped out of bed!" I said and she laughed.

"I'm still in bed!"

"Seriously? No work today?"

"I'm working on myself, I'm napping all day, it's good to rest at times!" I heard her chuckled.

She sounded silly, I laughed.

"I resigned, I'm resting today, I'll be moving out tomorrow, it'll be a lot of work so I need to rest today!"

"Are you sure you can handle the packings it's a lot of stress!"

"I know that's why I'm resting today!"

"You resigned too soon what happened?"

"I was afraid of being fired, it could deflate my chances of getting another work!" She said.

She was beginning to sound bright.

"If you need anything don't hesitate to let me know. Have you gotten a new apartment?"

"No, I'll be moving in with Emily! She'll be getting married ending March so it's not that much of a deal!"

"Are you really comfortable moving in with her?" I hoped she was.

"Yeah, absolutely, my only fear is getting fat, Emily cooks around the clock!"

"Sounds better than starving!"

"Whatever sexpot! What about you, how's your day going?"

"Perfect couldn't be better!"

"Ooh! Someone's having a great day, what's the secret, Mr. Adams?"

"Why don't you take a guess?"

"Um! You won a jackpot?"

"Nope, something better than that!"

"You tell me already! I suck at guessing!"

"How about you come over to America and I'll tell you in person?"

"No! Tell me now!" She laughed again.

"Helena finally signed the divorce papers!"

There was a brief silence before her voice came through.

"You two are divorced now?"

What? She didn't sound happy. I knew Gennie didn't like the idea of divorcing Helena. If she'd known from the onset she definitely wouldn't have gotten involved with me.

"Gennie, I don't want you to think this is because of you, I had already served Helena the divorce papers months before I met you, I had already planned on divorcing Helena long before you came into my life!"

"I don't understand Wesley, she didn't want to divorce you, what made her change her mind?"

"She's getting married, she's remarrying,  Pete her lover asked her to marry him!"

"And how do you feel about that! Be honest!"

"In all honesty, they can have a long life together, I don't care all that matters to me right now is you and my child" she was silent and I added, "I want to take care of you and the baby, that's all that matters to me!"

"Oh! I didn't expect you'd say that!" She laughed nervously.

"Me either, were you able to go for your check-up?"

"Yeah, I wouldn't miss it, I can't wait to know if it's a boy or girl, the doctor said the sex would be determined from eighteen weeks, I'm just seven weeks in!"

I heard something fall.

"Time flies remember? But I'm sure as hell Purity is a girl!"

"A boy!" She said. "Whatever it is, he's sucking me dry, I have to eat after every two hours, my goodness!"

We continued talking about some other stuff. Then I finally asked.

"Would you come over for the weekend?"

"What? You mean me to come over to America?"

"Yeah! I really miss you and I want to be closer to the baby!"

"Um! Wesley I need to use this weekend to settle in."

"It's okay if you don't want to come over!" I said, hoping the disappointment in my tone wasn't too loud.

"Of course I want to! But not this weekend okay?"

"Okay, just let me know when!"