Chapter 37

Ashley in MM

Kiva POV

"You straight?" Trey asked when I got off the phone with my brother. "Yeah." I sighed and just sat on my bed Indian style. "What's with that big haa." He mocked my sigh and I giggled. "He won't let me go see him." I pouted and he laughed. "You'll be alright." I rolled my eyes at him.

"I need a roommate." I said, more to myself. "Well find one." He says in a duh tone and I mugged him. "I've been asking around." "It's some girls that's prolly looking for a new place." He laughed. "And how would you know?" I asked and he shrugged. "And what makes you think I want a female roommate?" I smirked.

"All I know is that if you do get a roommate, it better be a girl." He says. "Or what?" I teased him. "Or we all fighting." He says. "You gotta catch me first." "Bet."

*

"Kiva, I know you can run faster that." Coach Daniels yelled at me. Although I came in first against my teammates, I was no where close to my fastest time. I kept my head straight breathing hard as she yelled. "Matter-of-fact, give me 3 more laps." She yelled and a whole bunch of spit landed on my face. I looked at her like she was crazy. "And I bet not catch you walking. Full speed but jog the curves." She said before walking away.

"You straight?" One of the girls asked and gave me her Gatorade bottle as the rest just looked. "Yeah. I'm straight. Good practice though y'all." I took a quick waterfall and went to do my laps.

When I finished my laps, Coach made me run up and down the bleachers once and then I was able to go to the locker room. When I reached there, I slunk down against the wall bringing my knees to my chest, relaxing my head on the wall with my eyes closed.

"You look pitiful." I opened my eyes to see Ashley (the girl that asked if I was straight earlier) laughing her ass off. "Shut up." I grumbled. I hate it when Coach punishes people. No matter who you are, if you come in first on any race and that time do not come close to your fastest time, you go home sorer then usual and I wasn't the only one today. Ashley gave me her hand to help me up and I took it.

"I heard you looking for a roommate." She says as we walked to our lockers. "Um yeah. Looking for a new place?" I asked. "Hell yeah. I tried of them females I stay with." She rolled her eyes and I laughed. "Well you can followed me home and check out the room." I told her "Okay." I grabbed my gym bag, changed into my slides and we were on our way.

"So um, this is the kitchen as you see. Don't worry about the dishes, when my boyfriend come by he's gonna wash em since he made em." I tell her and she laughed. "The dining room, living room, guest bathroom, this is my bedroom. Your room will be this one and you also have a bathroom inside." I opened the door and walked in. I heard her say wow as she walked in.

"This is soo much better than college style." She gushed. "Yeah. And I already have furniture and stuff so all you really need and clothes and your personal stuff." I told her. "How much do you want?" She asked. "Uhh, just 200." I told her. "Every two weeks?" She asks. "No girl a month." I laughed when her mouth dropped. "Seriously, I'll take it." She says. "Of course you will." I laughed when she plopped down on the bed. "What's the Wifi password?" She says and I shook my head taking her phone.

"Ima go get me some ice, you staying here?" I asked. "Uh sure I can." She laughed while playing on my PS4.

"Hey." I answered my phone on my way from the store. I picked up 6 bags of ice and some things to cook for dinner.
"You home?" He asked.
"Almost. Right around the corner." I told him.
"Iight. Me and India walking over."
"Okay." I hung up the phone.

Trey POV

"Hey Ki." I walked in the house when Kiva opened the door. "Why it ain't nothing cooking?" I asked. "Daddy that's not her." India says and I finally looked up which is when Kiva walked in. "Shit." I blinked a few times and Ki giggled. "Ooo you said a bad word." India says. "I'm sorry."

"Bae, this is my team/roommate Ashley. Ash, my boyfriend Trey and the little one is India." India waved and I just stood there looking between the two of them. "Y'all sure y'all not related? You look too much alike. Freckles and all." I asked and Kiva shrugged. "The hell if I know." I finally looked down at her carrying a bag of ice in both hands.

"You need help?" I asked. "Uh yeah. Go take this to my tub. I got more stuff in the car." I took the ice where she wanted it and went outside just see she her bringing more up. "Damn, what happened at practice today?" I asked. "I'll tell you later." She sighed. I grabbed the bags and then the last two and saw that she brought some food.

"And wash them dishes while I'm in the tub." She says. "I ain't washing nothing." I went and sat down on the couch. "India?" I called out. "Yes?" "What you doing?" "Watching Doc McStuffin daddy." I grinned at her voice.

"So when you moving in?" I asked Ashley. "Ion know as soon as possible." She rolled her eyes and I laughed. "Kiva I'm leaving." Ashley says. "Okay. Call me when you ready to start moving in."

"Yo!" I answered my homeboy, Josh, call.
"Lil nigga!" He calls out and I cracked up.
"Wassup?"
"Listen, D is locked up. His sister goes to the same school as you and he wants you to look after her for him."
"What he think I'm going to school for? To be a private investigator?" I asked and he laughed.
"Ion know. But that's what he asked me to do."
"What's her name?"
"Kiva." I scrunched up my face.
"What's her last name?"
"Jackson."
"She run track?" I asked.
"Yeah. You know her already?" He questioned.
"Yeah. That's my girl." He started the laugh.
"Forreal?" He stopped laughing when he realized I wasn't.
"Yeah. What I gotta lie for?"
"Damn. I ain't no anyone can put up with ha. You hitting that?" I smirked.
"Naw not yet." He laughed.
"Word? How long y'all been together?"
"Almost 2 months."

"Trey can you bring me a towel?" I heard Kiva yelled.

"Oh shit. Let me leave y'all be." Josh says and I laughed.
"Shut up. Get off my phone." I said then hung up.

"Why ain't tell me D was yo brother?" I asked her as she got dressed. "You ain't ask." She shrugged. "How you know him anyways?" She asks. "I told you I used to slang." She rolled her eyes. "Oh yeah. As long as those days are behind you, I'm straight." She pecked my lips before putting on lotion. "It would be a definite if you was to give me some ass." I whispered in her ear as I stood behind her with my arms around her waist.

"That ain't happening." I sucked my teeth. "How long do a nigga gotta wait for?" I grumbled. "You can go somewhere else." She says simply. "You know that if I even dared to think that, you wouldn't like it. Come on, I ain't give you no reason to not trust me." I kissed her shoulder. "I know that. And it's not about me trusting you." I looked at her through the mirror. "Then what is it about?" She moved out of my grip and I followed her to the kitchen.

"Why are you pressuring me?" She slammed the seasonings down on the countertop. "Ki, I'm not pressuring you. I just wanna know. I wanna know why I'm not getting none. I understood that whole you only did it once and you wanna make sure the next is not going to be just a nigga tryna get his dick wet. And that's not the case with me Ki. Yes I want know how it feels just to be in you. But I'm yo nigga, I'm suppose to be feeling that way. Listen, I want much more than just sex with you. I want to be able to feel your soul, be able to say to myself that I have connected to you on a whole 'notha level." Kiva ain't move the whole time I spoke while I was back wrapped around her waist which let's me know that she heard and listened to everything I had to say.

She turned around while biting down on her bottom lip. "You mean that?" She rubbed the side of my face. "Duh." I smirked at her huge kool-aid smile. She got on her toes and kissed me then move again to start cooking.