Chapter 19

Kiva POV

I walked around the 'hood' mall up here in Orlando just to see if something caught my eye. I'm the type of person that will shop all day and won't buy anything because nothing stood out to me. When it comes down to shopping, I like to spend my money on something that I know I can bust 'em up in.

That's one thing my bro and I have in common. To be honest, you wouldn't even know we were related unless you took us shopping. I mean we look nothing like each other. I take after more of our foreign sides and he has the black features. We're Black, Indian, and Asian. I ain't complaining. At ALL. But he only claims being Black.

"Wassup Ki?" I recognized my homeboy Tevin. "Hey Tev." I gave him a hug paying no mind to his guy friends. "You stay shopping. I bet you won't walk outta here with shit." I laughed. "Shut up. I actually was on my way to FootLocker to get some Air Force Ones." I tell him.

"My girl stay swagged out." I did a mini circle. "You already know." He laughed along with his friends. "You a trip." I shrugged. "Gotta go." I say.

"May I have these in a size 5?" I looked up at the worker. "Sure thing, I'll have them right out." He tells me and goes to the back.

"Here you go." He gave me the shoes. "Oh, I have some room in these. Do you guys have a 4 1/2?" I asked and he shook his head. "Nope. Ran out of those yesterday, waiting for shipment." He says. "Well thanks." I handed him back the shoes in the box and grabbed my purse.

"I'm sorry, I didn't catch your name." He grinned. "I'm sorry but I didn't throw it, and you didn't ask." I walked right out of the store leaving him stuck. I don't have time for niggas. After Thomas, I'm just like f 'em. Ima just listen to Heaven when she said to focus on school.

"Told ya." Tevin stood right outside of FootLocker. "Get out my face." I laughed. "They ain't have my size so I couldn't get them." "Yeah sure. Where you headed?" He asked. "I got class in an hour." I say getting my keys out. "Iight. It's a party tonight you gotta slide." I returned his hug. "Send me the dets."

*

*

I was walking out of class when I saw Thomas. I rolled my eyes and knew in my head to continue walking. "Kiva, can we talk?" I walked right passed him; but that ain't stop him from grabbing my arm. "Kiva I wanna talk to you." He snapped. "I don't have anything to say to you. Nor do I want to hear anything you have to say." I snatched my arm free of his grasp.

"Who the fuck you think you talking to?" He grabbed both my arms roughly, turning me to face him, making everything I had in my arms drop. Including my purse.

"Yo! She said she don't want to be bothered by you. Now let her go. Disrespectful ass. Putting yo hands on a female." I heard a masculine voice, but couldn't put a face to it since he was behind me.

"I can touch her however I want. What you gon do?" He pushed me aggressively, causing me to tumble on the grass. "Lil nigga, I suggest you walk away." The guy stood unfazed by Thomas. He was one of Tevin's friend at the mall earlier. "Or what?" Thomas stepped up to him. They were now chest to chest, although Thomas had to look up cause the guy was taller. The guy just chuckled stepping back before picking up my things. "Exactly what I thought. Pussy." The guy stood up and punched the hell outta him.

"Exactly what I thought." He chuckled before coming towards me. He held out his hand to help me up and I took it. "I believe this is yours." He smiled. "Yes. Thank you." He handed me my purse and kept my books and binder. "I can take my books." I tell him. "You can, can't you?" I nodded. "I got it, lead the way." I didn't even argue, I was so ready to go home and nap.

"Here I am." I dug in my purse to get the keys to my white Mercedes. "Just place 'em on the floor." I tell him opening the back seat. After he put my stuff down, he closed the door and looked at me. "I'm Tremaine by the way. Call me Trey though." He extended his hand. "Kiva, thanks again." I shook his hand and he opened my door so I sat down.

"You sliding through the party tonight?" He asked leaned up against my door. "I might." I shrugged cranking up. "Cool. See ya there." He smiled before closing my door and walking away.

"Bruh we gon be there in 15 minutes." I looked at the clock on the stove and it read 10:35. I had just finished cooking me something to eat.

"Who is we?" I asked Tevin.

"Me and my homeboy."

"You know ion like people I don't know in my apartment." I tell him.

"Well be down in 15 minutes." He says.

"Yeah right." I heard him laugh.

"Look it's just him and me. Can we come up?" He asks.

"Whatever."

25 minutes later

I opened the door to see Tev and Trey. "Sup? This my nigga Trey." Tev walked in and went straight in my kitchen. "Come on in." I mumbled sarcastically walking behind him. Trey came in and closed the door. "I told you she wasn't gonna be ready." Tevin says. I was only wrapped in a towel. TIGHTLY I didn't need no slips.

"I just got out the shower." I rolled my eyes at him when he walked out the kitchen with a plate of spaghetti. "I gave you an extra 10 minutes already. You got until I'm done." He says. "I can't get dressed in 2 minutes." "You better try!" I huffed and was going to my room when I passed by Trey. "It should be more spaghetti in there if he ain't eat it all. Help yourself." I shrugged.

I plug my curler up and got dressed. (A/N Kiva in MM). "Ki you got 3 minutes!" "Okay. Okay! I'm coming." Always rushing me. Beauty takes time. I put on my beanie, my shoes, grabbed my phone off it's charger, changed it's case, and walked out of my room.

"Finally." Tevin stood up from the couch. "Shut the hell up." I went to my kitchen putting the spaghetti in the fridge. "I don't have to pay to get in do I?" I asked. "Naw." Trey says. "Okay."

"I'm right behind y'all." I say. I didn't know how long I was going to stay at the party so I decided to just follow in my car.

"She's with us." Tevin says to the big guy standing out the door collecting money. They actually had a line here like this was a club. It was just a house party. "Well then just give me a dollar." The guy says. They laughed and just walked in. "Go ahead in." He says still laughing. "Thanks."

An hour later

I don't even know why I came. I like to dance yeah, but don't have nobody to dance with. Hoes giving me death glares like I give a shit. And dudes just tryna lay me down. So now I'm just posted against this wall, alone (how I like it), vibin to the music and on my phone.

"Having fun." I looked to my side to see Trey. "It's alright." I shrugged and he chuckled. "I couldn't tell. How you gonna go to a party and just stand posted up on yo phone?" He asks. "Why won't you go ask them?" I pointed to the group of football players doing exactly what I am. It's just that they talking with each other.

"That's what we do." He shrugged laughing. "You play?" I asked. "Dammmmn." He says in disbelief. "What?" I asked nonchalantly. I'm supposed to know? "I'm the star playa." He says cockily. "Is that so? Quarterback?" I folded my arms. "Naw. Wide receiver." "Mmm." I responded.

"Have you even gone to a game?" He asked. "Only a few because of Tevin. I'm not really interested in sports." I tell him. "Oh yeah? You got an athletic body though." He says. "Do I?" He chuckled. "Hell yeah." "I do track. That's just about it." I shrugged. "I bet you ain't faster than me." He says. "Bet." He chuckled.

"But aye, you wanna dance?" "With me?" He added. "You ain't gon try no funny stuff?" I asked. "Not if you don't want me to." He says. "I don't."