Chapter 44

A/N : Melinda appeared in chapter 20, and parts of chapters 22 & 30.

Melinda POV

"Baby eat please." I begged RJ. "No mommy me tummy hurt." He cried laying in my bed. "I know but you gotta eat." I said rubbing his stomach. "But mommy-" He was cut off by his own throw up. "Mommy-" He kept throwing up on my bed and I let him. I rather have throw up in my sheets than my carpet. "Shh. Let it out." I rubbed both his stomach and back and he let it out.

"I don't feel good!" He cried as I put him in the tub. "I know-" "I gotta go!!!" He jumped out the tub and hopped on the toilet and was throwing up as he was using it. That's where I couldn't take it anymore. I gave him the trash bin to throw up in and went to go get my phone.

"Hello." He answered.
"Hey. I need a favor." I sighed.
"Sure what's up?"
"Can you meet me at Miami Children's?"
"The hospital?" He sounded concerned.
"Yes."
"Yeah. I'm on the way."
"Okay thanks."

"Thank you soo much." I thanked Richard. He had Jacob and Raven in his lap, I had RJ in mine, and Yani was down on the floor in her car seat. "No problem really."

"Roshon Jenkins Jr." I heard the nurse. I honestly didn't know how I was going to do this, carrying RJ and Yani. "I got it. Bird get on my back." He told Raven. I think it's cute how the two of them gave each other nicknames. "Richard-" I started. "It's fine. Let's go." Raven got on his back sluggishly since she was sleeping and he carried them all with no problem.

"Hello. What's your name?" The doctor spoke nicely. "RJ." He said before coughing. "Okay RJ, what's wrong?" She says sitting in the rolling chair in front of the bed where he was. "My stomach hurt really bad and I threw up in my mommy bed." He said and I just wanted to cry. "Okay can you lay on your back?" He did it. "Tell me if this hurts okay?" He nodded his head. She pressed down on his stomach softy. "Owww." He cried out. "Ok I'm sorry." She rubbed his stomach softly before turning to look at me.

"I'm going to take a few sample to take to the lab, but it seems to me that he may have the stomach flu." She tells me and I just nodded. "If he does, I would like for him to stay in here until he's all clear considering the stomach flu being contagious." She says. "Ok. Do what you have to." I told her. She nodded her head. She swabbed the inside of his cheeks before saying she would be back. As soon as she left, I burst out in tears.

"He's going to be okay." Richard rubbed my back. "It's not that. What if he has the stomach flu and has to stay here? I don't have the money for hospital bills." I cried. "What about their father?" He asked. "What father? They don't have a father." I shook my head.

-

"You guys just sit down please." I sighed as the kids jumped around the house. "I knew they didn't need that ice cream." I mumbled. "Sorry." Richard said with a smirk. "Course you are. It's time for bed." I said. "Nooo." Raven and Jacob went. "5 more minutes mommy please?" Raven begged. "You guys have until I finish washing the dishes." I told them.

"Hey are you o- whoa!" I gasped when Richard walked in my bedroom. "Sorry I should've knocked." He covered his eyes. I was breastfeeding Yani. "You're fine." I laughed. I finished breastfeeding and fixed my shirt. "You can look now." I told him.

"Where's your sheets?" He asked sitting on the bed. "In the washer. RJ had a lot of stuff on it." I sighed. My poor baby is in the hospital all alone. "You wanna go stay with him? I don't mind watching the kids." He says. "You are so nice to me. Why?" I questioned. Instead of him answering me, he just kissed me. "What was that for?" I asked touching my lips. "I don't know really just get like it I guess." He shrugged and I blushed a little. "You know what I see when I see you?" He asked. "What?" "STRUGGLE." I sighed. "I want to be the person to change that a little. I was about to say something before I heard the front door.

"You should go." I damn near pushed him out the bed. "Why you afraid of him?" "Richard please just go." I pushed him towards the door. "You know either way he's gonna see me?" "Yeah and that's fine. At least it's not going to be in here." I told him. "Fine I'll go, but not before this." He pulled me into this nice kiss where I felt wanted. I even moaned a little. "Good night." He says and I just smiled.

"Who are you and why are you in my house?" Shon stopped Richard from coming down my stairs. "Well RJ-" He cut me off. "I didn't ask you, I asked him." He says. "Yo man, no disrespect I was trying to help out." "What you need him for?" He asked me. "Well RJ's in the hospital and I needed someone to help with the kids." I told him. "Why you ain't ask me?" He questioned. "I called you plenty times and it kept going straight to voicemail." I told him. "Mm. Well I'm here now you can go." He told Richard.