Chapter 21

Laila POV

"Babe, what do you do for a living?" I asked Josh. "Holdup." He started stuff with his phone again. It never fails, every time I ask him, he's all of sudden busy. "No I'm not going to holdup. All of a sudden you busy? Fuck no." I snatched his phone and put it under my butt.

"You think I'm not going to get it from under there?" He chuckled. "Joshua!" I yelled and he stopped laughing. "What do you want from me?" He asked with an attitude. Like wait, pause! "I want you to answer my fucking question. That's what the fuck I want." I folded my arms across my chest.

"I'm a manager at one of C's restaurants and night clubs." He tells me. "That's it?" I asked. "Yeah why?" "I just thought it was going to be something dangerous or something." I shrugged. "Naw. I don't think you'll live if something happen to me." He smirked so I slapped his face, not hard. "So you think." "Did you just slap my face?" He asked in disbelief. I nodded then next I knew, he was chasing after me.

*

*

"You wanna go out for drinks later?" Josh asked me. "I would but we don't drink the first 6 months of the year." I tell him. "Who is we?" He asked. "Me and Heaven." "Why not?" "She actually came up with it. We were like 17." I shrugged. "Y'all was some bad ass kids huh?" I laughed. "Hell yeah. Heaven used to be worst then me." I shook my head.

"Really? What happened?" He laughed. "It's not my place to tell." I shrugged. "Iight then. What you 'bout to get into?" He asks. "I have an interview today at 1." I told him. "Where at?" He asked. "The Wonka Factory." I rolled my eyes. It bugs me when he doesn't listen. "Come on baby, I'm just playing." He laughed wrapping his arm around my waist. "Don't even stress it ma. They'll be dumb not to take you. You're the best babysitter I know." He says and I slapped his hand and he laughed again. He play too damn much.

My interview is for an opening job at Hallandale High School. They needed a teacher to teach Biology since the teacher that's there just been induced into a coma. Really, what they want to say is, 'We need a teacher because even if she does recover, she still needs to go.'

I know it's not that fact that she's bad, but it's just time for her to retire. Going on 80 and still trying to teach.

"Why you gotta play so much?" I asked him. "You know that high school ain't nothing but a big ass daycare." He shrugged.

Roshon POV (I had to do it 😊)

"How was the appointment?" I asked Lola. "It was good. I heard her heartbeat." She says pulling me down to her couch. "You know I wished I was there right?" She moved to straddle my lap, having her stomach pressed into mine. "Yes I know." I grabbed her by the neck to kiss her. "So you also know that I love you right?" "Mhm." She rolled her eyes. "Why you doing all of that?"

"Shon, you're still married. That's why. If you loved me, and wanted to make us a family, you'll file for divorce." She says. "You know I can't do that. She don't have nothing and it'll be wrong of me to do that." I tell her. "Yeah you already got all these kids." I heard her mumble. "Man." I sucked my teeth. "Okay I'm sorry. But you know it's true." She laughed.

"But you ain't have to say shit." I snapped. "Whoa, calm down boyo. You better be lucky I even want yo stupid ass." She snaps back, moving off of my lap.

"Look Lo, I'm-" "I don't wanna hear it." I sighed. I know I've done wrong, but I really think Lola is the one for me. I thought about divorcing Melinda but I don't want to be harsh about it. I love her yes, but I'm in love with Lola.

"Hey." I leaned on the door hinge of my son's room. She looked back at me an turned her attention back to Logan. "You mad at me?" I stood behind her and wrapped my arms around her waist, laying my head on her shoulder. "Ain't it's about time you go home to wifey?" She mumbled. "What you mumbling for?" I took my son from her so she walked away and I followed to her room.

"So you mad?" I chuckled laying on the bed with Logan on my chest. "Roshon, can you please leave?" He placed her hands on her hips. I acted as if I didn't hear her and began to put my son back to sleep. "You don't want me to. You just mad." I shrugged. She groaned before climbing in the bed.

"Lo." I chuckled when she laid down with her back towards me. "Do you spend time with yo kids from other baby mommas as you do me or your wife?" She asked facing me. "Not really." "And why not?" I shrugged. "You're pathetic." She scoffed.

"You better watch your mouth." "Or what? Huh? I'm sick and tired of you. You the one that got those girls pregnant. You need to step yo ass up and be a father to those kids. Stop being so fucking ignorant saying how it's not yo fault. Condoms fucking break stupid. After I have this baby, you'll have 10 responsibilities. Not 6 but 10. It was yo d'ck that went in the p*ssy so be a grown fucking man and be a father to yo kids and stop letting another man do yo work." She sat up crying. Shit, had a nigga feeling low.

"I heard ya." I mumbled. She just rolled her eyes taking Logan from me and walking out the room.

She walked back in without Logan wiping her tears. "Listen I said I heard you." I sighed. "Yeah you heard me, but are you gonna listen is the question." She snaps. I got out the bed and stood in front of her. "Baby don't give up on me ight? We've know each other too fucking long." I wrapped my arms as much as I could. "Yeah we have and you're the same asshole I met in 9th grade." I chuckled, placing her head to my chest.

"Ima do better." I promised her. "Don't be saying shit just to go back on yo word." She says. "I'm not I swear. Come here." I pulled her as I walked backwards to sit on the bed. "Can I get a kiss?" I asked kissing on her neck. "Roshon stop it." She said lowly. "Come on, you know you can't be mad at me for too long."

*

"Sup?" I said as the door opened. "What you want?" Tonya rolled her eyes. "I can't see my boys?" I asked. "You can see them now? What's the difference between now and years ago Roshon? Or should I say Bobby?" I huffed. "Tonya shut all that shit up, I came to see my boys." "My dude, you better watch who you talking to." I looked back to see Ray, her husband. "This ain't got shit to do with you."

"I believe you talking to my wife about my kids, so it do got something to do with me." He says. "I don't recall you and MY sons sharing the same DNA homie. So don't call my kids yours." He chuckled. "Excuse me baby." He moved her out the way.

"You're a sad excuse for a man. Don't come back 'round my house, my wife, or my kids. Fucking deadbeat. Yo kids going on 8 and 7 and you just now wanting to step in, get the fuck out of my face." He says before shutting the door in my face. "Fuck you too!" I shouted before walking to my car and swerving off.

Picture of Lola