Chapter 48 ⚠️

Kiva POV

"Hello. Who are you picking up?" I was asked when I walked into India's summer camp. "India Young." I told her. "Are you on her contact list?" She asked me. "Um no. But her dad knows I'm picking her up. And I picked her up before." "And what's your relationship to them?" I really didn't think that mattered or was her business but I told her anyways. "He's my boyfriend." She gave me a stank look and rolled her eyes. "Well Ima have to call him to make sure." She says in this way I can't explain. "That's fine." I smiled which I knew made her mad.

"What he say?" I asked when she got off the phone with him. Instead of answering me, she got up and left the front desk.

"Kiva!!!" India ran to me once she saw me and I picked her up. "Hey babes. How was camp?" I asked her. "Good! We had sooo much fun." She says as the girl from the front desk handed me her bag. "Thank you." I said and she just rolled her eyes. "Where's my kisses?" India smiled before kissing both my cheeks and my forehead. Instead of doing the same, I blew into her cheek making it vibrate and she giggled. "Let's go." I put her down and she grabbed my hand. "Bye India." The girl says but she ignored her which made me want to laugh. "India say bye." She huffed a little then waved bye. This girl here...

-

"One adult and one kids ticket to Cinderella." "How old is she?" The guy asked. "4." "I ask because kids under 5 gets in for $4.25 so your total is $15.75" He tells me. "Better for me." I let loose of India's hand to get the money out my wallet that was in my purse. "Here you go." I handed him a twenty. "Enjoy the movie." He handled me our tickets and my change. "Thanks." I put the change in my wallet and put it in my purse then reached down for India's hand.

"India!" I looked down and she wasn't there. "Oh my God." I mumbled looking around for her. "She went that way." I looked back at the person who said it and followed their finger and found her. "Oh my God thank you so much!" I ran over to where she was. "India!" She turned around frightened and I just pulled her into her arms. "You scared the hell outta me." I told her. "Sorry." She pouted. "It's okay. Just don't run off like that no more okay. Sorry for yelling at you." I sighed and she nodded. "Excuse me." I looked up at the dude she was with. "Who are you?" I asked him holding India back on me.

"I'm Maurice. Trey's best friend, India's godfather." He told me. I do remember Trey saying something about a Maurice. "You are?" He extended his arm for me to shake. "Kiva. Trey's girlfriend." I shook his hand. "Nice to meet you then. And I hope you ain't think I was a kidnapper." He says. "I didn't know what to think. I was scared as hell just now." I shook my head, pushing the hair out my face. I haven't been soo scared in my life!

"What's the matter?" I asked India once we sat in our seats. She's been pouting since we were outside. "You mad at me?" "No I'm not mad. You just really really scared me. I thought someone took you. But listen, you're not in trouble and we're going to forget about this and have fun ok?" She nodded with a smile. "Good." I kissed her forehead before handing her her kids box which consisted of popcorn, soda, and a small bag of skittles.

*

"I'm guessing y'all had fun." Trey chuckled, taking a sleeping India from me. "Yeah." I followed him to his bedroom. "What yall do after the movie?" He asked as I kicked my shoes off. "Nothing. Came here." "Oh. Did she cause any problems?" He asked. "She scared the living shit out of me." I huffed. "What happened?" He looked alarmed. I walked out the room to go to the kitchen but then someone knock at the door so I went to it.

"Hi." I greeted Maurice. "Sup." I moved to the side to let him in. "Trey, you got company." I said, closing the door.

"Sup nigga, long time man." Trey says, giving him the manly handshake. "I know man. A nigga been busy." He chuckled and gave Trey a hug after the handshake. "That's my girl Kiva." Trey pointed to me. "Yeah we met." Maurice winked at me and Trey mugged him. "How?" "Well at the movies, India ran to me once she saw me and scared the shit outta shawty." Maurice laughed. I rolled my eyes and went to the kitchen. "That's what she was talking bout?" I heard Trey chuckled. "I guess so, but aye, you found a good one, you better not mess that up." I heard and smiled. "Yeah I know." Trey have a very small laugh. "Oh and I gotta clap you up cuh. Shawty had a lil walk going on." My eyes had widened. "I had to do my lil thang." I rolled my eyes. Niggas always gotta talk about shit.