Chapter 24

Caution POV

"Sup Pops?" I dapped my grandad up when I walked in my grands' place. "What I told you bout coming in my house talking that language?" I laughed at my grams. "I'm sorry Ma." I gave her a hug. "Uh huh. I'll leave y'all be so y'all can have a man moment." She says after I kissed her forehead.

I grabbed two beers out the fridge and met Pops on the couch. "You haven't been by here in a while son." Pops said drinking his beer. "I know. Been busy. But I ain't got shi- none to do. And decided it was passed time for another visit." I had caught myself. It ain't cause of Pops, cause he be cursing up a storm. I just know Ma somewhere listening.

"Yeah you prolly been busy with them hoes of yours." He says and I chuckled. "Nawl Pops, I stopped that." I sipped on my bottle and he acted like he was choking and having a heart attack. "It ain't all that. So cut it out." I chuckled as he 'gasp' for air.

"I wanna met this girl that made you cut the hoes out." He says. "Ain't nobody say nothing bout no girl." I scoffed. "Nigga, it's written all over yo face. What's ha name?" He nudged my arm with his elbow. "Heaven." I chuckled drinking. "You bringing her to the get together Saturday?" He asked. "Naw." I shook my head. "Come on man. I wanna meet my future granddaughter." He says.

"Man Pops, don't nobody wanna get married." I told him. "Why the hell not? I must admit you're grandma kinda off. But they not all like that." He says. "Keep it up Roger!" We heard her and laugh. "Pops she already know where I stand with that." I shook my head.

"Yeah you say that now. You keep saying that and watch, you gon let the good one slip right through yo hands. Don't no female wanna be in a boyfriend, girlfriend relationship all they life. Keep having that mentality and watch. Watch 'em leaving yo ass." He says. "Iight."

"So ima ask you again, you bringing her Saturday?" He asks. "I'll see if she busy with work." "And she got a job?" He asked in disbelief and I laughed. "Yea. She a lawyer."

Emily POV

I got a call from my sister, Jamie, saying how she "wanted to talk". I just put on my big sister pants, got in my car and drove to my parents' home.

"Hey baby, we weren't expecting you." My mom says as I walked in the door. "I know. Sorry for not calling. Jamie ask me to come get her." I told her kissing her cheeks. "Mm. I know what it's about." She says and I agreed laughing. Jamie's birthday is this June and she wants to have a sweet 16. So she wants to get on my good side... Smart.

"Jamie!" My mother yelled out. "Coming." Soon you could hear footsteps. "I'm ready." She tells me. "Okay let's go." I tell her. "Mommy." I hear that little voice and walked faster to the door. Don't get me wrong, I love Eric. But if he was to see me, he'll want to tag along. Not today lil bro.

The car ride was very quiet and I thought it was kinda funny. "So what's up?" I asked breaking the silence. "Umm. Nothing." She shrugged and I laughed. "Ok what? Is it about your sweet 16?" I questioned. "Kinda yes. But Em, I'm really really sorry about how I've been acting towards you. To be honest, I don't care about having a sweet 16. I wanna make our relationship better." She says. I respected that.

"What did I ever do to you? If anything, I should be the one not liking you." I said as I pulled up to my place. I stayed in a condo. "It's not that I don't like you. I'm just kinda jealous of you." She shrugged. That shocked me. "What the hell are you jealous of me for?" I asked getting out the car. She did the same and followed me. "Em look at you, you freaking gorgeous!" She exclaimed. I laughed shaking my head.

"How are you today Emily?" The doorman opened the door. "I'm good. This is my little sister Jamie." I introduced them. Getting on the elevator going up to the 8th floor.