Chapter 26 Pt. 1

2am Saturday morning

Kiva POV

I woke up to pounding on my front door. I turned over to my phone and noticed 28 missed calls from Trey. I popped up and ran to go check the door. Looking threw the peep hole, I noticed Trey pacing by my door just before he began knocking again. I snatched the door open and he barged in.

"The hell's going on?" I asked. "You weren't answering my calls." He snaps. "Okay, I was sleep. What's wrong?" I asked. He sat down on my couch with his elbows on his knees and his head in his hands. "My stupid car battery went dead, I need a ride to the hospital." He gets up and starts pacing again.

"Who's in the hospital?" I asked. "Does it fucking matter?" He snapped. "Look, you gon give me a ride or nah?" He stuck his teeth. "Let me put on my jacket." I said since I was just in sweats and a sports bra.

"Gon come up in my place yelling and snapping on me. But who need the favor? Not me." I mumbled putting on the matching UCF hoodie with my black and white Nike roshe's.

"Come on." I told him. He stood since he was back on the couch and followed me.

-

"How is she?" Trey asked this lady. She looked about 30ish. "The doctor haven't said anything." The lady says and he sighs. "Excuse me, who are you?" She asks. "Oh, I'm Kiva. I drove him here." I tell her. "Hmm. Kiva." She says like she's trying to put things to my name. "I'm Teliah, Tremaine's mother." She says. "His mother?" I asked in disbelief. "Is that hard to believe?" She asks. "Kinda, if you don't mind, how old are you?" I questioned. "I'm 46 if you must know." She placed her hands her hips defensively and Trey begun to pull me to go sit with him.

"I'm sorry, I didn't mean to offend you. I thought you were his older sister or something, you don't look a year over 31." I tell her and she laughs. "Well thank you." She tells me and than gives Trey some look that I couldn't read. He didn't say anything, he just pulled me to two empty chairs.

"Trey." I grabbed his hand as his whole body shook trying to calm him down. He didn't say anything, he just kept looking at the floor. "Trey, look at me." I tugged on his face. He huffed before looking at me. Looking into his eyes, I saw that he was hurting as the tears flowed down. I wiped his face before placing his head on my shoulder. He wrapped his arms around me and broke down even more. "I don't know what's going on or who's in that hospital bed or what relation you have to that person, but I don't like you like this. This isn't the Trey I know." I tell him rubbing his back.

"Ki, I need her." He managed to say. Just as he says that, his mom came over sitting next to him. As she rubbed his back, I placed one hand on his head, and one on his neck. "Trey stop it. I'm sure you can get through this... I'm here for you." I tell him.

7:34 am

"Hey." I looked up to see Tevin and some other football players. "Where's Trey?" He asked. "He went to the bathroom." I told him. "Do you know what happened?" He asked. "You know, I've been here for 5 hours and don't even know who's back there." I told him. "He ain't tell you?" He asked and I shook my head no.

"Hi Ms. Teliah." Tevin hugs her. "Hello Tevin." She says. He sat next to her and they began talking.

"Sup? Thanks for coming." I heard Trey's voice. Looking up from my phone, I noticed Trey giving the boys a hand clap before sitting back next to me. "You hungry?" I asked him. "You don't have to go get me nothing. You already here for me." He says. "Of course." I said. He smiled at me and I blushed.

"Look at you blushing." He chuckled. "Shut up. But seriously, we've been here for some time, you want something from downstairs?" I asked. "I'm straight." He says and I rolled my eyes.