Chapter 47 ⚠️

I looked at the time on my phone and noticed that if I didn't leave now, I'll be late. I tried calling Josh but he was busy and I didn't want him to stop what he was doing at the trap for me. I kicked my heels off and put on my sandals that were in my purse.

"Come on." I heard and turned my head. "You gon be late going back if you don't get going so let's go." I sighed and followed him to his dodge.

"You need me to pick you up?" He asked me. "No. Jay usually takes me home." I told him. Unfortunately, I could not fit behind my wheel anymore and if I put my seat back, my feet wouldn't reach. Since Jay works in the same building as me, she picks me up and drop me off home which I really appreciate. "You need help?" He asked as I struggled to get out. "No. Thank you." I mumbled when I finally got out his car. "You're welcome." He replied. Once I shut the door, he pulled off.

"Okay what's wrong?" Em asked as I walked passed. "I'm fine. But call Mr. Jackson and get him to come in around 3 and he'll be my last for the day." I told her. "You was just with him but okay. And why we on formal name basis?" I simply smiled and walked away.

*

"Why you called me here?" He asked me sitting at the table. "Your court date's been changed to an earlier time. I needed to make sure everything is straight." I told him opening his files. "What day is it now?" He asked. "Tomorrow around noon. But you should still be there earlier because you never know what will happen with the other cases." I spoke. "Alright." He says.

"Okay well thanks to another case that's after yours, I have evidence that your innocent when it's comes to the murder. But, the police have found a couple guns in your houses so you may get time for that." I told him. "Damn." He wiped his face.

"So what if I do get not guilty for the murder and guilty for possession, what then? Do I get another case or what?" He questioned. "I don't really know. That's something you'll have to talk to Glenn about tomorrow afterwards." I answered. "Why I can't talk to you?" He asked. "I start maternity leave tomorrow."

-

"You still mad at me?" He asked when he parked in my driveway. "I'm not mad, I just don't understand." I sighed. "Why?" "Cause I've never seen it where someone's actions screams out love but their mouth don't. Usually it's the other way around." I shrugged. "I'll understand if you said you loved me but didn't know if you were in love with me because that's the way I feel. Loving and being in love with someone is two different things." I spoke and he looked at me surprised. "So that's why you acting like this, because you love me but you wanna hear me say it first?" He questioned. "Caution you making it seem like I'm pressuring you to say it." I rolled my eyes and reach for the door but he locked it.

"Naw we finna talk about this now." He says. "Well can I go into my house and shower first? I'm really uncomfortable right now." We stared at each other for a good minute before he unlocked the doors. "Thank you." I mumbled and grabbed my heels I left in here earlier, my purse, and my laptop case.

"What are you doing?" I asked when I saw Caution walk in the bathroom through the glass shower door. "I just have to pee. That's all." He says. I heard the toilet flush as I was washing my legs, well trying. Good thing I have good plumbing unless the shower would've turned cold. "That's how you have to wash your legs?" I looked to see Caution laughing at the current position I was in. I had to put my leg up on the wall and turn my stomach the opposite direction. "Shut up." I glared at him. "Alright I'm sorry." "Why are you still in here? You washed your hands." I said.

"I can't look at a beautiful woman as she shower?" I rolled my eyes but then blushed. "Can you not?" I asked and he chuckled. "Sorry babe." He says and I smiled a little. "You like it when I call you babe huh?" He smirked sitting on my jacuzzi. "Get over yourself." I shook my head before turning off the water. "Make yourself useful and pass me a towel." "Please pass me a towel babe." He says. "Please pass me a towel D." "Naw you straight." He glared at me. "Baby please?" I giggled. He really hates it when I call him that. "Thank you." I dried the top half of my body before wrapping the towel around me.