Daddy's Home

Emily POV

"Momma!" I yelled out walking into her house. "She ain't here." I rolled my eyes at my younger sister. "Dad, where's my mother?" I asked my stepdad, Joe. "She went to the store. She should be back soon." I smiled when he hugged me and kissed my forehead. I heard Elizabeth, my sister, scoff before going up the stairs.

"How have you been?" He asked sitting on the couch in the family room. "I've been good. Job's going well. I just found out my sister is my boss' best friend." I tell him. "Well that'll be good for you, no?" He asks. "Yeah I guess. But she's not the strict type of boss. We were real cool before we even found out." I tell him.

"That's good. You need to talk to your sisters." I sighed. "Dad it's not like I'm don't like them. They don't like me because I have a different father from them and with my skin tone, I'm red bone and not a pale white girl like them." I tell him. They just don't like me because I'm half black. Racist sisters. Smh.

"I'm sorry sweetheart. But I talked to your mother and we need to have another family talk. All of us. Your brothers too." He tells me. "It doesn't matter. Everything is fine with the boys. It's just the girls." I shrugged. "Well, everything's going to change. Y'all getting grown and this shit is getting on my nerves." I giggled. "Yeah. Mine too." I turn around to see my mother.

"Hey mom." She kissed my forehead, and then Joe before going up the stairs. "I don't care what you say! Get down there now. The both of you!!" I heard my mom yelling.

"Hi Em Bunny." I laughed at my 11 year old brother. "Hi Joshua." I stood up and ruffled his hair, pulling him into a hug. "Emy!!!!" My littlest brother that's 3, Eric ran to me and I picked him up and spun around in little circles. "My favorite brother." I squealed when he licked the side of my face. "Yeah you said that to me." I turned the see Joey. He's 19 which makes him literally 10 months younger than me. (Me being 20.)

"We all knew it was because I wanted some money." We laughed. He hugged me tight, squishing me and Eric. "Joey stop it!!" Eric laughed pushing him. "What's going on?" Joey asked mom releasing the two of us. "Just sit." She says. We all sat waiting for Elizabeth who's 17 and Jamie who's 15 going on 16.

"Finally." Joey mumbled when they came down with a stank attitude, sitting on the two seater couch.

"Alright one rule, when someone is speaking, you stay quiet." Mom says. "Now this meeting, we all know is between the three of you." Mom pointed to me and my sisters. "Em, since you're the oldest, you may start." She says. "Start by saying what? I really don't have anything to say." I tell her. "Just say how you're feeling right now about this family." She says.

"How I feel about this family?" I made a soft ha noise. "It seems like I'm not fully apart of this family and I was the first one born into it. My brothers make me feel as if this is a family. That grows with each other through anything. But with those two, I feel as if though they can't get over the fact that I have a different last name, DNA, hair structure, skin tone, anything pertaining to the fact that I am half black." I say. "Em, of course you're in this family. No doubt about that." Joe says. "Yeah, well." I shrugged before saying next.

"Joey?" My mom says. "I have nothing to say." He shrugs. I had Eric in my lap and Joey sat next to me. "You sure?" "Positive." "Well Liz."

"I just don't like her." She shrugged messing with her fingernails. "And why is that? She's your sister." Dad asks. "SHE is not my sister. Jamie is my sister." I rolled my eyes. "Yes the hell she is. She came out of me just like you did." Mom snapped. Her face started to turn red. "She's only our half sister." Jamie says. Before my mom could say anything, I got up and placed my brother in my seat.