Chapter 20

Melinda POV (Picture)

"Where were you?" I asked Roshon when he crawled into bed. "I had to work late, then went out for drinks." He says. "Mm. Your son's been asking about you." I tell him. "Which one?" He only had one son from me, but he didn't know. A little about my 'husband' and I.

When I met Roshon, I had literally nothing. I got kicked out of my parents house, well my father kicked me out and my mom didn't stop him. After he kicked me out, he called and messaged our WHOLE family and told them if I came, don't let me in. Don't give me shit. That's how much I had 'disgusted' him.

I was weak and needed help, that's when Roshon came into the picture. He treated me with soo much love. But he said he never wanted to stick with one p*ssy. At that time I was 19, pregnant with our son. And again I had nothing. So we got married, he had forewarned me that he was going to cheat because he didn't want to be stuck with just my girl. And like a dumbass, I still went through with it.

He getting females pregnant left to right. Blaming it on them like he wasn't the one sticking it in them. He'll go and fuck those hoes and come back home to me. At least I thought it was home. I got pregnant with our first daughter, and he was barely there for the three of us.

I had to learn to not depend on him, but his money. That's why I haven't left his ass yet. I don't have no money.

3 years ago, age 22, I met this guy while I was at the grocery store. He seemed like a nice gentleman, and he was fine. He approached me and from there, we exchanged numbers and started talking. That led to something bigger. I told him what I was going through, and he said I didn't need to worry about it. That he was going to be there for me.

We did the duty and I got pregnant with my second son. When Roshon found out that I was with another guy, he got mad and killed him. I was depressed all the time. Depressed that he killed my true love and depressed that my son wouldn't be able to meet his real father, Jake. He was really excited when I told him I was pregnant with his seed. If he knew how to do backflips, he would've. I just think it was selfish of Roshon to kill him. He doesn't see me killing his other baby mommas or his hoes.

"The son with your name sake." I tell him and he just nod. "Ima go shower." He says. Good cause he smelled like perfume that wasn't mine. As soon as he got up, I heard my baby girl crying. Getting out of the bed, I went into Iyana's room.

"Hey mommy's baby. Ooh you wet." Once she seen my face, she started giggled holding onto her feet. "Let's get you cleaned up."

*

*

After the baby sitter came, I grabbed Yani and was out the door. I can't get a lot of thing accomplished, looking after four kids in any store.

I know you're probably saying, well you should've never had four kids if you ain't want to bring them anywhere. It's not even like that. Yeah my kids weren't plan, but I love them. Each one of them with the same unconditional love. Those are my babies. The reason why I brought Yani with me is because the baby sister is only 17 and Yani's just 2 months. I don't want to put too much on the boy.

I placed Iyana's car seat on the cart and began strolling down the aisles. I needed to get soap, deodorant, toothpaste, and much more. I know Shon's not gonna do it, so might as well get it before we run out.

"Yani stop pulling on my hair." I gripped my ends as I leaned down to pick up a can of bake beans. "Baby stop it." I yanked my hair and stumbled back a little and bumped into someone. "Sorry." My hand covered my mouth as I apologized. "It's straight." He smiled. And good God that smile was sexy.

"She's beautiful." He tells me. "Thank you." I placed the can in the cart. He touched her hand and she wrapped it around his finger and giggled.

"Richard, did you get the bake beans?" I heard a female voice. He turned around and so did I. "I was just about to." He says. He bent down and pick up a can. But I was just analyzing this face. "Mom?" I asked in disbelief.

"Melinda." "Momma." I felt the tears coming as I hugged her tightly. "My baby." She hugged me as tight as I hugged her.

"How are you?" She released me but kept her hands on my elbows. "I'm fine." I tell her. "Is this my grand baby?" She asked. "Yes ma'am." I tell her as she went to take Yani out of her seat. "She's your only one?" She asked. "No. I have four." If she didn't turn around to look at me any quicker. "Four children?" She asked looking down. I knew she was looking to see if I have a ring. "Yes. My oldest son is 6, I have a daughter that's 5, my second son is turning 3 and then I just had Yani 2 months ago." I explained and she nod.

"Oh." She smiled looking down at Yani. "What's taking y'all so long?" Now that voice, I'll never forget. Behind me stood a 6'5 black man. My father. "Daddy." I looked at him. I can't even say what his face had shown.

He moved closer to me and without a word, he pulled me into a bear hug. "I thought I'd never see you again." He says. "Daddy." I cried. I can honestly say I missed my father. After all that happened, he's still my father. "I'm sorry baby girl." He whispered into my ear. "Things could've been different but I just-" I cut him off. "Please daddy, not here." I tell him and he sighed. "Yeah, you're right."

-

"How's the marriage?" Daddy asked and I sighed. "Honestly, I want out." I confessed. "Get a divorce then." Richard mumbled as he walked from the kitchen to the backyard. Momma looked at me like she agreed. "I can't get a divorce. I don't have anything or anyone to go to." I say. "Baby, you're home." Daddy says. I looked at them shaking my head. "I'm not asking you, I'm telling you. I don't know what you and this guy is going through, but if you want out and you need to get away, leave." He says. "I know a good lawyer." He added.

The Next Day

"I'm looking for Carter." I tell the girl that's sits at the desk. "Do you have an appointment?" She asked me. "I think my dad step up one. I don't know what's it's under. He just told me to be here at 2 sharp." I explain. She looked through the computer before speaking. "There is a 2 o'clock scheduled here for a Melinda Jenkins." "That's me." She asked for my ID so I gave it to her. After, she called. "Follow me." She got up from her chair and lead the way.

"Bye sexy." I seen the guy slap the woman's butt. "Ima kill you, just wait til I get off. You know that hurt." She says. "Yeah yeah." He kissed her before whispering something into her ear making her giggle. "Hey! Boy, she has a client." I chuckled at the girl from the desk. The guy turned around to look at the two of us. He looked so familiar I just don't know why. "You ain't going to be telling me what to do." He mushed the girl as they walked out and she hit him.

"You're Carter?" I asked. "Yes." She says closing the door still laughing. "I'm sorry for him." She says. "It's fine trust me." She offered me to sit in front of her desk as she went behind it. "What can I help you with?" She asked. "Well, my father said you were the best so that's why I'm here." "Thank you." She nods. "My name is Melinda Jenkins."