38-What if?

⚠️Suicide warning.⚠️

-------------------------------------------------

"Y/n was an average fifteen year old girl when she met me. She was positive and always knew what to say to make you feel better. I often wonder what If things had been done differently. Maybe she'd still be here, with us."

-------------------------------------------------

(Y/ns pov)

"I Y/n L/n can't go on like this.
I'm lost, alone, numb. I don't know who is reading this and I don't care, don't miss me, I wouldn't.
I won't say I'm sorry for the way I feel as I am not.
I hope you can understand." I read to myself. Completely and utterly in a trance. Nothing could stop me from doing what I planned. I took a deep breath and left the not on my desk and made my way to the roof with my sharpest pair of scissors I had.

I opened the attic door expecting Adam to be in there and I was ready to snap if I had to but he wasn't. I was relieved as I didn't like hurting the people around me, another reason why I'm doing this.

I climbed through the window carefully, it wouldn't make much of a difference to how I died I just wanted it done. I felt that jumping would be too risky so I was gonna cut my wrists and while I'm bleeding out I'll jump so if the hight doesn't kill me the blood loss will.

I didn't cry, I didn't do anything really. My eyes widened in surprise when I saw Beetlejuice in his finest stripes, his hair was slicked back and he was setting a candle on a fancy dinner table seated for two. I tilted my head at his current appearance.

"New suit?" I ask sitting down Criss crossed with my scissors. I didn't care that he was there or if he was watching me. I rolled up my sleeve and opened the scissors.
One slice...two.....three, four, five sixseveneight. With every slice I got faster and dug it in more.

"What the fuck are ya doin?!?" Beetlejuice asked me after about 20 cuts. My wrist was raw red, a few more and I would have drawn blood.

I didn't answer I just kept cutting and cutting and cutting. "C'mon." I mutter in frustration as I still hadn't drew any blood.

"No Y/n stop." Beetlejuice commands as he snatched the sharp scissors away from me.

"Hey!" I exclaimed annoyed he took my thing.

"What the fuck are ya doing?" He asked the frustration and annoyance practically spilling from each word.

I pulled my knees up to my chest and buried my head in them, boiling hot shameful tears rained down my cheeks. A little part of me expected him to put his arms around me and tell me it was okay....no I needed him to do so, alas he did not.
Another reason I didn't believe he was MY beetlejuice.

Instead he sat down next to me and placed a hand on my shoulder, messaging it with his thumb.
"Look it's hard, I get it but this isn't the way." He said.

"Jesus who are you?!? Because you are definitely NOT my Beetlejuice." I say shrugging him off of me and inch away from him.

"Whada ya mean babes?" He asked confused and he seemed to tense up. He looked guilty.

I narrowed my eyes at him.
"It's just, since you came back you've been acting....I don't know different." I say chewing on the inside of my cheek.

He exhaled an unnecessary breathe. "Ya wanna know why I'm actin different?" He asked fumbling around with his hands.
I nodded, staring at him intently.
"Fine it's cuz I was gonna ask..." He paused and took a small velvet box out of his pocket, he turned to me and opened the box to reveal a small silver ring with flowers going across the top and in each one a small jade green diamond. They matched his eyes.