26-(Y/n's) New Reality

I have no idea what I'm talking about and have no medical experience, I am making this up.

( y/ns pov)

It was a day just like the one before. Nothing new happening, nothing that would interest my six year old self. I was sitting in the sandbox at the park playing with my rag doll. When I was approached by a young boy, who seemed to be my age.

He had curly brown hair and easy blue eyes. His smile was welcoming and he seemed friendly.

"Hello my name is Lowell, what's yours?" He said sitting down next to me and began playing with his spade.

"Oh I'm Y/n. Do you want to be my friend?" Six year old me asks this mysterious boy.

"You want to be friends with me?" Lowell asked stopping his shoveling and staring at me confused.

I tilted my head and gave him a confused look back.
"Duh I wouldn't have asked if I didn't want to silly." I giggled and smiled brightly at him.

"It's just I don't have many friends." He explained. It made me putty him because he was in the same situation I was.

"That's okay I don't either." I exclaimed with a smile. He smiled back at me and we continued to talk and play.

It was a day just like the one before. Nothing new happening, nothing that would interest ten year old me.
I was sitting out at the old tree on the hill outside of Ms Shannon's school when I was approached by a boy I knew very well.

"Hey Lowell!" I say excitedly closing my sketchbook and stuffing it into my bag.

"Hey Y/n. What were you drawing?" He asked sitting next to me. I smirked at him causing him to raise a brow.

"Why so interested?" I asked teasingly. He smiled, it was one of those smiles that had so much meaning behind it. Lowell's smiles would make even the saddest of happy.

"Oh just asking..." He said playing it off. I knew what he wanted to know.

"Yes low I finished the portrait for your grandma." I say taking my sketchbook out and showing him the most recent piece. He smiled even brighter at it.
He stared at it with such admiration he could burst. His grandma meant everything to him and she was recently diagnosed with cancer and he wanted to lift her spirits so he asked me to draw her something.

"Y/n it's perfect!" He said hugging me and kissing my cheek. I felt the heat rush to it but shook it off.

"Oh...I..it wasn't a problem." I splutter out mentally cursing myself for stuttering.

"She's gonna love it." He said assuring me it's good, though I didn't think it was bad I appreciated the intension.

"So was Claire chasing after you again today?" I asked playfully bumping shoulders with him.

I turned his pupils up to the sky, chuckled and shook his head slightly. "What else would she be doing?" He asked.

I checked and shook my head, shrugging and answering with.
"Not a clue."

It was a day just like the one before or so fourteen year old me thought.
It was a sunny day and I was sitting on the roof with that familiar boy who approached me in that sandbox many years ago.

We'd been sitting here for hours in silence staring out at the scenery. Not as good as the Maitlands scenery but none the less it was nice. Lowell turned to me and asked.