29-Deathaversry

If you are sensitive to anything related to BJ's backstory you should skip this chapter or bring the tissues!!!

Also this chapter isn't really relevant, so feel free to skip it.

(BJ's pov)

July 21st, the day I lost it all and yet gained so much. On a dead persons deathaversry they get flooded with life memories as if they had happened yesterday. In my case it wasn't a good thing but I was used to it by now. I was left alone with my thoughts as Cheryl disappeared somewhere.
I took a long meaningless swig from my cigarette as I sat on the roof of the abandoned Wearhouse, staring out at the storm.

Storms, most people fear it but I adore it. It's the only thing that would drain out the shouting, the screaming, the fighting.

(Young BJ)

There doing it again, fighting. It's all they ever seen to do as of late. I pulled the blanket closer and tighter around me. I hoped I'd be safe here, I never felt safe in this house anymore.

I sighed as I looked out the window. The storm was the wildest I had ever seen, the lightning and thunder louder by the second. It got so loud that it drowned out every noise in the house.

I needed to go down there. I had to go to college but I didn't want to listen to the fighting, I didn't want to be confronted. Hell I had to admit I didn't want to because I was scared. It's terrible I know, I'm terrified of my parents.

I looked out the window again now looking to the neighboring window. I smiled like a dope at the women looking back at me.
The beautiful red head wore a warm smile as she held up a piece of paper. It read.

Fighting again?

I gave her a sad smile and nodded slowly. She gave me a sympathetic look. Her existence gave me a will to live. I loved this girl with everything. She always understands what I'm going through even though her family isn't as broken as mine.

I sighed as I needed to get up, I waved at her to meet me outside in five. She nodded back and gave me a thumbs up.

That was the last day I saw my father, the last day I needed to hear the arguments and bottles breaking, the last day I needed to listen to the thunder for comfort. So not all bad things right?

A few years later....

It was a day just like the one when my father left, I had just arrived home, drenched head to toe in rain. Not that I cared. I took off my trenchcoat hanging it up in the coat closet, along with my hat, scarf and boots. I did the same with my socks as they were also soaking and no one likes wet socks.

I quietly made my way up the stairs to get some new socks and It being my bedroom I felt no need to knock but by God I wish I did.

I dropped the wet socks I had in hand as I stood at the ajar door with my mouth agape and my eyes widened. I felt my heart sink to my stomach and my whole world shatter.

My fiancé, soon to be wife, my reason for living was in my house, in my bed with another. No not just another my best friend. I felt defeated. Of course she was cheating on me, nobody cared about me.

"Cheryl..." I say hurt, angry and still shocked all at the same time. She jumped when she heard me. She scrambled for the blankets to cover herself up.

"Lawrence!" She shrieked but I was to enraged to even acknowledge her. I looked straight past her to see the man whom she was with.

"Mathew..." I say with full of anger. I had every right to be. I was angry, upset and numb. My only friend, the person I trusted with my life, my fiancés life, hell even my future child's life was sleeping with the one whom I loved. They stared at me in suprise and shock. I didn't say I word, without a second of hesitation I grabbed my coat, scarf, hat and shoes and ran.