8- what's really going on Scarecrow?

(BJ's p.o.v🕷️)

Y/n, Lydia and I left the diner pretty late. I don't think y/n noticed but Lyds wasn't herself. I spent enough time around the kid to know.
She had this sad look in her eyes but she hid it with happiness. Pretend happiness. There was no life left in the young goth girl.
She told Y/n about Blondie(Melanie) but I knew that wasn't the whole story. So I made it my mission to figure out what was wrong with her.

"Beej you ok?" Y/n asked with a concerned look on her face.

"What yeah sorry just thinking.." I reply. I have no intention on telling y/n about my plan. I hoped she wouldn't be mad at me. There was something about her that made me feel something. I couldn't put my finger on it so I'm just gonna say she makes me feel happy.

"Okay. What about?" She says once again snapping me out of my thoughts.

"Oh uh nothing to important." I say and me being the idiot I am said. "Just you." I looked to my side to see a devistated looking y/n.

"O...ok" she said looking at the ground.
She unlocked the door as we walked in. As soon as she locked it again she ran up to her room.

I was confused until I realized what I said.
You fucking idiot what type of demon possessed you to say that? I scolded myself. I was going to apologize but right now I needed to go see lydia.

I juiced myself over to Lydias house.
And sure enough there she was crying on her bed.

"Scarecrow?" I say making her aware of my presence.
She shot up and quickly wiped her tears then turned to look at me.

"How long have you been here?" She asked groggily.

"Not long." I replied.
She looked so sad that made me wonder what was really going on.

"Why....why are you here? Shouldn't you be with y/n?" She asked annoyed.

"Lyds is that what's wrong?" I asked "are you jealous?".

"What no why would I be? Of course I'm not! Do you think that everyone gets jealous when it comes to you?!" She said seemingly annoyed.

"Well no. But i really wanna know what's going on Scarecrow?" I ask sounding as genuine as I can.

"What do you mean?" She asked.
I looked her deep in the eyes.

"You know what I mean and don't tell me it's that Melanie came and Delia disappeared crap because we both know that's not entirely true." I say sitting on the edge of her bed.

"I don't know BJ ever since I got back I've felt weird, different." She says looking unsure.

"Tell ya what how about me and you go hang out in the neitherworld maybe we can drive around on Doomie!." I say suggesting something that will keep her mind off things.
"Plus I know Doomies missed you." I say. That earned me a small smile.

"Okay." She says excitedly.

"Do you remember the chant?" I ask her hoping she remembered because I didn't.

"Of course how could I forget it's branded into my brain." She said with a genuinely excited look.
Now that was the lydia Deetz I knew. The look of life in her eyes.
She pulled over the dark curtains in her room.
Then she began the chant.

"Though I know I should be wary,
Still I venture someplace scary!
Ghostly haunting I turn loose.
Beetlejuice, beetlejuice, beetlejuice!"

A lightening bolt could be heard from outside and the room started changing.
Lydias' outfit changed into the spider web poncho I designed and gave to her when we first met.
She looked so happy.