2-Mr Beetleman

I woke up the next morning regretting life. "I hate Mondays." I say face buried in my pillow. I somehow manage to get up . My parents came home around 12:00. So they won't be up yet. I put on my black and white striped sweater and a pair of black ripped jeans. I brushed my hair and put on my black and white striped beanie.

People probably thought it was strange but eh I loved them and its good to be unique.

Anyway it was the first day back after summer break. Which meant Lydia was gonna be the new kid. That sucks.
Anyway I should be in most of her classes.

I made sure I had all my stuff that I needed...
"Books?... Check."
"Pens?.....check."
"Lunch money?...." I knew I'd forget something. I quickly ran upstairs and grabbed $5.
"Check...
Phone....check" right that should be everything.

I took out my phone to check if Lydia was ready?

Me: yo nerd u ready for skool?
I waited a few seconds later the three dots appeared at the bottom of the screen.
Lyds🖤: yup meet ya outside in a min!"

Me and Lydia only lived a few houses apart. She lived closer to town though.
I knew my parents always wanted that house but the Maitlands refused to sell it.
I walked outside closing the door quietly making sure not to wake anyone. Once I'm outside I see Lydia doing the same Her dad must have had a meeting or something last night.. I ran across the field that was between our house.

Finally I reach her she was wearing her signature black dress with the safety pins in it. That was my particular favourite of hers.

"You ready for hell?" I ask as we begin walking.

Lydia laughs at this "oh believe me I've already been." She answers.

I turned to her my E/C narrow as I put on a hurt and shocked expression "without me?..how could you!" I place my head in my hands to make it look like I am crying.
Lydia puts her hand on my shoulder before saying.
"It was a once in a lifetime opportunity I didn't have time to whip out my phone and be like
'yo Y/n/n there's a portal to hell in my wall wanna explore?'"

I look up into her chocolate brown eyes. "But...but you know I would've said yes." I answer crocodile tears in my eyes.

"I know y)n, I know and if it makes you feel better it was not fun." She says sympathetically.

That's what I love about Lydia she always goes along with me even when she knows I'm lying she always takes my side. Ever since I met Lydia my life got more interesting. I have definitely laughed more and was a lot happier.

We continue to go on like this until we got to school.
As we walked into the building Lydia and I where looking to see all the different groups of kids.
"What is your first class?" Lydia asked as we got to our lockers. Our lockers where right beside eachothers which was really good.

"Science." I say letting a groan escape after. Don't get me wrong I liked science but first class on a Monday after summer.

"Same." Lydia said her voice trailing off. "Don't worry Lyds you'll be fine." I say trying to reassure her.
"I know it's just....weird being around lots of people." She said looking at the floor as if there was something interesting on it.

"Come on." I said before grabbing her hand and trying to pull her to class. I stopped at the door and felt something wrap around my wrist. It felt really cold. I shivered as the thing gripped me harder. Lydia looked at my wrist in shock. I realized there was a snake wrapping around my wrist. It matched my outfit with its black and white stripes.

"Hey little dude." I say petting the snake on the head. It licked my hand. I laughed even though it was really gross.

"You aren't scared? How did it even get on your arm? Y/n answer me!" Lydia starts shaking me.