3-the news

It had been a few weeks later and it felt like Lydia has been slowly distancing herself from me.
Everyday since the first day of school she seemed to be getting more anxious, more distant, less Lydia.

I began to worry so one day I couldn't take it anymore. I missed my best friend the Lydia I had become friends with. Sure she wasn't perfect, was anybody tho?

"Hey Lyds?" I turned and asked her. She had a thoughtful look on her face but quickly snapped out of her trance or whatever the hell she was in when she heard me talk.

"Hmm?" Really is that all I got. She didn't even bother to look at me.

I hesitated. "What's been going on?" I say in a concerned tone.
That's when I earned her ever so mighty gaze.

"Wh...what do you mean?" She asked nervously as if she thought I knew something she didn't want me to know.

"I mean...it's just you seem to be distancing yourself from me and I wanna know what happened. One day we where fine y'know and the next we're hardly speaking!" I say pretty angrily. Well it was more like whispered angry since we were in class.

"I...I don't know what you're talking about." She whispered back. About to look out the window again. I came up with a plan. So clearly she had something she didn't want me knowing about.so I'm gonna pretend like I know what it is.

"Lydia!" I began thinking of how I could make this seem convincing. "Don't lie to me, I know what you're hiding..." I say to her. She turned back to look at me wide eyed.

"Shh ok come over to mine tonight and I'll explain everything just don't tell anyone." She said. She must of been very paranoid because that was the worst performance of my life and she didn't doubt me for a second.

That day I couldn't wait to get out of school and go to Lydias.
As soon as school was finished I had grabbed her arm and ran all the way to hers.
She told me that I had "pulled her arm off" but personally I didn't think I pulled her that hard.

"Ok so explain." I say demandingly.
Lydia looked at me with wide eyes "shh... Ok go to yours get your stuff and tell your mom your staying over." She told me as she opened the door to her house and left me standing there.

As soon as reality hit I ran as quickly as I could to my house.
I ran into the door before opening it. I entered the house rubbing the side of my face.
"Mom I'm staying in Lyds house tonight I'll see you tomorrow." I say quickly running up the stairs grabbing pajamas and clothes and then leaving before my mom could get a word in.

"LYDIA!" I shouted up to her window as I knew Charles and Delia weren't home. They had a meeting or something like that. I was looking up to her bedroom window and I could swear on my left hand there was a man standing in the window rubbing his hands together and grinning like a maniac. Which of course had me worried for Lydia but as soon as I saw him he disappeared. Like vanished.
I being me shrugged it off as my imagination was probably playing tricks on me as it usually did.

Lydia finally came down to answer the door. When she opened it she looked stressed, freaked out.
"Lydia are you alright?" I asked worriedly. She mustn't have realized that she looked destressed because she seemed surprised.
"Oh well I....no ok come in."
She said.

I walked in and sat down on the couch where I usually sat, Lydia sitting next to me. She looked at me with her chocolate brown eyes.
"My dad and Delia are having a dinner party with their posh 'friends' and Delia said I have to wear yellow Y/N do you hear me YELLOW!!!" I sighed Lydia had a tendancy to over react but really.
"It's ok Lyds I'll be here with you." I say reassuring her that she'd be fine.
That seemed to calm her down a bit. She seemed stressed at that moment in time so I didn't ask what she was going to tell me.