9- Apologies and Priorities

E/c=eye colour
N/n=nickname
M/n=moms name
F/n=father's name
L/n=last name
I'll add on more if needed.

🖤(🕷️🦇🕸️🕷️)🖤

(y/n p.o.v🕸️)

It was around 12am when I decided to go to bed. And for a while I forgot about Beetlejuice and what he had said a few hours ago. Until I saw him in my room asleep on my bed.

I was supposed to be mad at him. I wanted to be mad at him but seeing him peacefully sleeping was enough to make me forget. Forget why I was annoyed with him. Seeing him like that made me feel bad for being angry. Even though I did nothing wrong.

I wondered why he made me feel like this. What I was feeling towards him lately. He was a demon, a ghost but to me it didn't matter. Because to me he was still a person.

I sighed as I pushed the feeling aside.
"Beetlejuice wake up." I say in an angry tone and shaking him harshly.

He began stirring, tossing and turning until his bright greenish yellowish eyes shot open and locked onto my e/c ones. I turned my face so I couldn't see his.

"Y/n..." He sounded sad. I wanted to hug him right there and then but I managed to contain myself.

"What? And get up!" I say returning to my angry tone.

I could feel him move behind me.
Then the mattress got lighter. He was now sitting beside me on the bed. He sat on the side I had my back turned to.

"I...I want to apologize." He began then suddenly paused. Probably either waiting for a response or trying to think about what to say.

"Go on." I say. Ignoring the fact he was trying to get my attention.

I heard him sigh.
"Sugar you know I didn't mean to hurt ya. Ya caught me off guard and if ya haven't noticed I'm usually not nice."
I could feel him shiver at that word before continuing.
"So I kinda forgot who I was speaking to." He said.
I turned around as sharply as I could.

"Oh right well do you realize how I've felt lately because I feel like the whole world is against me and then Lyds shows up everything feels like it's gonna be ok and then you pretty much tell me I'm not that important to you. Do you realize how much that killed my self confidence? I realize you didn't know who you were talking to but it still hurt!" I say finally letting out my thoughts and how i actually felt.
I could feel flaming hot tears burn down my face. Cursing myself for crying. Why must I be an emotional person when I fight with people I care about? I asked myself.

I was brought back to reality when I felt two big cold hands on my shoulders. He wiped away my tears and kept his hands on my cheeks. I had to admit the ice cold feeling felt good against my flaming hot face.

"I'm sorry you know that I wouldn't purposely say anything to hurt ya babes. Right?" He asked placing a boney finger under my chin and gently moving my face towards him. So now my eyes locked on to his yet again. And I could feel heat rise to my face.
God damnit y/n why did you have to start blushing now?

I could only nod a simple yes and then I fell into his embrace.
"I love you" I whispered under my breath without thinking.

"What was that?" He asked as I jumped at the break of the silence.

"What?" I asked.

"You said something what was it?" He said again.
Shit did I say that out loud? Panic stations! Panic stations! I don't think he heard it. Play it cool y/n.