chapter 21

Hybrids had always been in charge as long as anyone knew. Indoctrinated. That what was happened after the war. The great war of the humans and the hybrids.

Human ancestors had treated hybrids cruelly and brutally. Treating the half humans as garbage simply because of their half animal self.

But... how did this even happen? Why did anyone allow this? Well one day a horde of humans threw a coup d'état. They had planned for so long. Years and years, just so the hybrids would be below them and would have to serve them. They didn't want filthy half humans to be the equally to them. Hence why they threw the coup d'état.

Many people agreed to the reign and it lasted for decades, maybe even centuries.

But the human reign crumbled when an alliance of humans and hybrids attacked. The humans in this rebellion went against the ways of the leaders. They didn't think it was fair how their half human brothers and sisters were treated simply because of their half animal side. It's not like they could pick wether they would like to be born as a hybrid or not! The alliance always made the comparison of this with skin colour. You couldn't choose if you were born black, white or somewhere in between.

The hybrid human Alliance fought for many many years, the war almost being lost because of a lack of supplies. But the turning point in the war was when the hybrid overtook a warehouse stocked with weapons, ammunition, all needed to win the war.

A group of English Springer Spaniel hybrids had found the warehouse, the team being part of a group that would search and scout out areas due to their ability to smell so incredibly well.

The finding of the warehouse however was discussed within the entire group of hybrids themself. The humans being entirely oblivious to an alliance within their alliance.

The hybrids knew they could trust their human allies but had been hurt so badly by other humans there was always still hesitation in trusting their human allies.

And the council of hybrids decided to not disclose the information their human allies, starting to become greedy.

The human allies were confused how they were slowly starting to win against the enemy but didn't doubt a second when helping the hybrids, celebrating their victories together with their half human brothers and sisters.

Only for the human allies to be stabbed in the back by the hybrids.

The humans didn't know what was happening when it happened.

The allies were celebrating their victory of finally eradicating the enemy, for there to finally be equality between humans and hybrids.

The hybrids however showed up to the bar with guns, overthrowing the whole place.

Almost everyone ended up getting shot in the bar except a woman, a small todler and the daughter of the general himself.

Why would any rational person bring their child to a bar? Well.. The general had asked one of the leaders of the humans that were on their side to watch his daughter for the night as he knew the woman had a daughter herself and the two enjoyed themselves. And the woman couldnt say no to her friends that wanted to celebrate the victory. The barowner was a nice young man that had set up a special playing area for the kids and the woman stayed close to it to check on the kids from time to time.
What the general however didn't know was that his daughter and the babysitter would be present during the massacre they had planned.

The woman hugged the two small children as she did the best to shield them while covering their eyes and ears. 

The general and other hybrids, due to their enhanced hearing, had heard the woman and small children crying. Well anyone could heard the two children crying but they could also hear the woman fighting back her sobs.

The general and his soldiers marched their way over and they stopped right in front of the woman, the woman only holding a tigher grip on the kids.

The hybrid frowned as he saw his daughter, the babysitter and her kid. He ordered for the woman and her kid to be separated from his daughter, and the soldiers did as asked. The women however only could beg and plead for the kids not to be heard. She hadn't looked up a single second and was willing to do anything so the children would stay safe.

And the general took those words, making sure to remind the first slave of the Empire of her words every day.

I feel like I kinda rushed this chapter but also not??? Who knows if there will be more background information on the general's new 'pet'. *eyebrow wiggle*

Stay safe~

-Gary