Chapter 27: Disarray

Start from the beginning

She had long lashes, a sharp nose, and a sad pout. She had short caramel hair and a curvy body. Her eyes held the brilliant color of an amber gemstone. Her fingers were fiddling. Eunice was slightly distraught once she noticed the brunette staring at her.

"I'm calling your parents, after this miss Rossi. Don't go anywhere."

Ah, her parents. They were going to kill her. Figuratively? No, possibly literally. That's how much they didn't care for her. At least, that was what Lila thought. Her parents were unloving. No one cared about her now. Two girls were at fault. Those two girls — would surely become her mortal enemies. 

Marinette, how could she? She stole everything from her. A little less dumb than the class, why did she have to expose her for everything? Why couldn't Marinette just disappear from existence? It would make her own much easier. 

All love, attention, and praise have simply gone — because of that stuck-up Dupain-Cheng. Lila had everyone wrapped in her fingers. Marinette ruined everything for her.

Eunice? She was a jerk she didn't even know. If it weren't for this tattle-tail, she could have gotten away with this. Couldn't this pathetic rat mind her own business? She made everything a hundred times worse. She's no different from Marinette. Nothing but a pain in the bum. Do you have nothing better to do in life? 

'The videos were edited', 'I was set up', 'This is fake', 'I have a rare medical condition.' Any of those could rescue her from this catastrophe. 

To say she was beyond infuriated, would be an understatement. 

Present

"What? What do you mean?" Eunice clenched her jaw in anticipation, unaware. "You betrayed me!!" Lila shot daggers through her frightening expression. "But how—" she began backing up in fear. "YOU EXPELLED ME! You were the one who reported me to Mister Damocles..." 

Lila clenched her right fist, hissing through her sharp teeth. 

Nervousness filled the girl's stomach, making her exhale a gasp. "Lila? As in Lila Rossi?!" Eunice's hand flew to her lips. "This is all your fault. I COULD'VE GOTTEN AWAY WITH IT!!" 

"No, you couldn't. There were many witnesses aside from me!" she snapped back firmly. "I get away with everything. I'm a compulsive liar and I'm the best at making excuses. You clearly don't know me that well."

"What I did was for your own good! Lying is nothing to be proud of," she retorted, a bit uneasy. "SCREW YOU! Just when I thought we'd get along, you end up becoming my enemy," she snarled.

"It's your fault I'm in this situation," Lila growled, in the middle of breaking down. "I'm sorry but..." Eunice spoke, lifting the walkie-talkie, and parting her own cherry-colored lips.

"Now."   

"An Italian girl who barely gets any attention and strives to gain it by lying and by joining forces with evil. Yet when she does, she faces betrayal once again. Wouldn't it be nice to corrupt the minds of any creature in existence? Fly away, my evil Akuma, and darken her heart!!" 

Lila screamed angrily, making the other sigh in immense guilt. She wished for all citizens in Paris to obey her wants and needs, or to perhaps gain a powerful ability and finally receive the attention and love she deserved.

Along with that short-haired rat, it was all that blunette's fault she disappointed her parents and everybody hated her. Lila's life was ripped like a piece of crumpled paper. 

Sensing strong negative emotions, the purple butterfly traveled to the brunette. Carrying iniquitous powers; it flew to the pocket watch hanging on her wrist. A light mask soon appeared on her face. 

"Hypnosia, I allow you to dominate all victims you wish. Control who you want to with a simple swing of your pocket watch, well, a pendulum now. I can only give you so much, so there is a catch. You cannot hypnotize superheroes."

"This is why you must take action as quickly as possible, to ensure that their civilian selves will not transform. Only then, will they reveal their identities and give up those precious jewels," he informed.

"In return, you must—" she halted him from continuing. "I know what to do, Gabriel. Just give me my powers and I'll give you the miraculous."

"You're not supposed to use my real name," Hawkmoth said in irritation. "but very well."

Dark violet bubbles encased her body and provided her with the powers she desired. "Finally!!" she embraced the vicious malignity — relishing as she transformed into a villain. 

Hypnosia's scarlet hair was tied in a high and neat ponytail. Every part of her eye was blood red. As for her outfit, it was a simple black suit and tie. Her shoes were black leather. Finally, the object that held her powers: the pocket watch, now a pendulum with a hypnotic swirl. 

Hypnosia jumped her way up to the Eiffel Tower. "Ah...this feels nice," the female told herself, smirking evilly. "You know what?" the neon mask appeared on her face again. "I don't need you anymore, Hawkmoth," Hypnosia scratched her chin. 

"What do you mean?" his voice became unstable. "You cannot do that. I can get your powers away if I wanted to," he grinned ear to ear. "Oh, silly little Gabriel. You forgot one thing..." she fidgeted with her nails. Hawkmoth pondered in pure confusion, not knowing what it was he did wrong. 

"I can hypnotize you too."

Hawkmoth's mouth slowly parted. He stood there in complete stupefaction. "I said what I said. I've gotten what I want from you. Thanks for everything..." she burst into cynical laughter. Hypnosia snapped her fingers and broke all communication with him. 

"Hypnosia? HYPNOSIA!!" he called out in desperation, but to no avail. "WHAT DID SHE DO?!" the man panicked. 

Hypnosia's piercing eyes described nothing but hostility. She leered at the city with the thought of chaos. Her plan had worked smoothly. All thanks to her malevolent mindset, she had finally gotten the recognition she wanted. 

She started humming a calming yet intimidating tune whilst swinging the pendulum back and forth.

"Attention to all Parisians!" she screamed out. People started to look at her as if she was crazy or mentally ill. "Hey! In the name of the law, get down from there!" Officer Roger shouted from below. 

"People of Paris! Workers, practitioners, students, parents, teens, and children, all except for Ladybug and Chat Noir, come before me!!" Hypnosia demanded. The volume of her voice was as if it went through the loudest speakerphone in the world. 

They did as she told. All civilians dropped whatever it is they were doing. People left their cars, jobs, and responsibilities. This included Hawkmoth, Nathalie, Simon, Eunice, and even Wang Fu. "All creatures of Paris, kwamis, animals, and insects alike, come to me!" she yelled.

Everyone looked like emotionless zombies and their eyes were all white. Parisians crouched down and started to bow at the villain — repeatedly and in sync. The creatures were all gathered, praising the woman in their own unique way. 

Her face spelled satisfaction and evil. Hypnosia burst into menacing laughter, knowing she had gotten what she wanted. 

To put it simply, Paris was in a horrible state of disarray. 

Remember to Vote, Comment, and Share :)

Have a nice Day/Afternoon/Night...!

~1800 words~