Chapter 31: Golden Rule

Third Person 

Five crucial things.  

First, would be at least one match stick. A small fire could grow into a scorching inferno. Second, is petrol. In itself, it isn't flammable, but gasoline's vapor is. Third, a combustible. Any solid that could ignite the fire further would be of great use. Fourth, a piece of cloth. It'll act as a silencer — important to hinder the villain's sense of speech so she cannot spit out any commands. And fifth, a jar. Anything that could trap the Akuma should suffice. 

It was fortunate that Marinette was able to acquire all of them.

She poured seventy-five liters of gasoline out of the can as it glugged and made a hollow chugging sound. Marinette was no longer dubious and in some way, she felt accomplished already. The redhead breathed out while shoving her bangs to the back of her ear. 

Marinette knew she had to move faster, and it was a bit back-breaking. She had to be silent at the same time. Putting three of the cans down carefully, she still made sure she was noiseless.

A rack of newspaper stood behind her. She fast-walked towards it, taking all of them, and grasping each one in her arms. Marinette then speedily surrounded the puddle of liquid with the thick print. She ensured they were as near together as possible. 

The combustible fully encircled the poured fuel. Marinette took the small box with two coarse surfaces on both sides. Meticulously, she opened the box and took a single match. 

Finally, she struck the red phosphorus against the surface, creating friction, and causing the top of the stick to ignite. Beneath the suit she wore, her shirt was permeated with nervous sweat, internally hoping her idea would work.

She needed not a fortune teller to know that there would be a certain something to lose in order to have a chance at winning. Perhaps it was the highlight of Paris: The Eiffel Tower.

"I can't back up now," Marinette told herself nervously. She peered at the tiny heat which perched on the lit match. The female gripped at it, knowing the fire would burn the entire stick if she weren't to make her move.

Her fox ears twitched once she heard a shout of outrage, which seemed to be coming from a man. 

"Hm, I've always been curious about your identity Chat Noir." The woman slowly toyed with his ring.

"STOP IT!!" he hollered. "PLEASE, DON'T!" 

The female gasped. Despite her highly-strung state, she took all of her courage. Marinette kept a safe distance, tossed the match to the pile of newspapers, and hid behind a post. It wouldn't last too long, but it was enough. The fire spread in a split second, producing a deafening resonance.

Just as the miraculous of destruction nearly slipped off his finger, Hypnosia's head shot up. "What was that?" she looked around in suspicion. Hypnosia paced around, seconds passed and she eventually saw a gigantic fire in front of her. 

"Which one of you idiots did this?!" the villain yelled to the Parisians. "Disobey me once and it's over. I ordered you all to do all things evil, not to include me in the process. Can you all not attend to such simple commands?" she exclaimed in resentment.

"Yes!" Marinette smirked, looking above. "Operation distract Hypnosia is a success," the redhead clenched her fist in delight. Now, she needed an illusion to get Hypnosia as far from Chat Noir as possible. 

"Think of the scenario you want to create, stay focused," she emphasized to herself. "Mirage!!" she whisper-yelled, activating her power. And at that, she ran towards the restrained hero.