Chapter 5: A Late Night Walk

Marinette Pov

I just finished washing the dishes, wiping my hands with a towel. "Thank you, darling." My mother, Sabine thanked, hugging me. "It's no problem, mom." I gave her a genuine smile. I let go, going up the stairs. "Bonne nuit maman, papa...!" I said as I closed the hatch, sitting on my chaise, and getting my favorite book, intending to re-read it.

I finished reading, and a few minutes later, I decided I was going to get another book I haven't read yet and read it outside. I stood up, taking my purse with me just in case. "Marinette? Where are you going...?" Tikki inquired, swallowing a macaron. "Out." I quickly answered.

"I'll come with you, just in case." My kwami stated. "Alright..." I nodded, opening my sling bag so she could fly in.

I went down, being quiet so I wouldn't wake my parents. I went out the bakery swiftly, locking the door and putting the key under a potted plant beside our front door. I took a short stroll around, seeing other people walking around too.

I let the cold wind blow through my tied hair, taking a deep breath of fresh air. I finally saw the perfect spot to read, a bench that had a tall, yet beautifully designed lamp post beside it. I sat on the bench, and flipped the third page of the book, feeling relaxed.

I didn't really expect anything crazy to happen, what could happen at this hour? I took a glance at my phone, it was 10:03. Still pretty early. I continued reading, when I felt someone grab me by the back of my shirt, I let out a shrill scream. I dropped the book and it fell to the ground.

Before I knew it, I was being held up by a girl in a high ponytail, wearing all black, with a belt of multiple daggers. I was being held on the edge of a tall building, and I kept on struggling. "H-help...!" I yelled in fear.

"Heroes of Paris! I am La poignard, I shall stab you with my daggers and drop this civilian if you refuse to give me your miraculous...!" La poignard shouted. I sighed in frustration, from all the people of Paris, I always had to be blackmail for myself and Chat Noir.

Third-Person

Chat Noir's ear twitched as he heard a shriek and a cry for help. "Heroes of Paris! I am La poignard, I shall stab you with my daggers and drop this civilian if you refuse to give me your miraculous...!" Chat heard.

His sences reacted, and he began jumping across several rooftops until he found the villain who he assumed was named 'La poignard' holding his princess up. He came from behind, not hesitating to kick the villain in the stomach.

La poignard groaned, falling to the ground. Before Marinette would fall, he took her, carrying her bridal style.

Chat ran to find a safe place to hide Marinette. "Hey princess." He saw an alleyway, landing and putting her down. "Hi Chat Noir, thanks for saving me back there...again." She rubbed the back of her neck sheepishly. "It was nothing, be careful next time alright?" Chat got ready to leave. Marinette nodded, and he left.

*.·:·.✧ ✦ ✧.·:·.*

"Miraculous Ladybug...!" Ladybug threw her used lucky charm in the air. The damage caused by La poignard was fixed. She was a really violent akuma, she was quite hard to beat, honestly. Ladybug's miraculous beeped and they said their farewells to each other before she swung away to detransform on that alleyway Chat hid Marinette.

Chat Noir hid behind a building, detransforming to Adrien. "Let me guess, your going to check on Marinette again...?" Plagg said irritably, taking a bite from his beloved camembert. "Yeah, so?" Adrien snapped back. "Wouldn't you rather go back home and lie down in bed?"

"Plagg, that's what you would do if you were me. Adrien leaned on the wall, crossing his arms. Plagg scoffed in reply, swallowing the chunk of cheese whole. "You done? Okay, let's go, Plagg, claws out!"

Plagg complained as he was getting sucked on Adrien's ring. He went up the building using his baton, running to go find Marinette. Chat saw her sitting on a bench, reading a book, and giving constant remarks. "Ugh, seriously? Their getting married already? They just met...!" Marinette rolled her eyes, annoyed and unsatisfied. Chat chuckled at her silly actions, and decided to stay with her for a while, in case anything happens.

"What'ya reading there, purr-incess?" He slid down the lamp post, catching her attention. "Chat? What are you doing here...?" Marinette raised an inquisitive eyebrow. "Well, I'm here just in case someone decides to hurt you again." The hero answered, and she patted the spot beside her. Chat Noir sat beside Marinette, taking a look at what she was reading.

"You heard me, didn't you...?" Marinette gulped, grinning nervously. "It's fine, don't be embarassed, I now see what you meant." He nodded in understanding as he started to read the book she was holding.

"That's just-" "Stupid, I know right?" She let out a long sigh of disappointment. "Yeah." Chat agreed. It was getting colder by the second, so Marinette put her knees to her chest, and unknowingly leaned on him. She lied down on Chat's chest, still reading. "A-ah, Marinette...?" He blushed like crazy, she was so close. Too close actually.

"Yes...?" She looked up at him, still unaware of their current position. "Y-you're u-uh..." Chat blushed a darker shade of red that could put a tomato's color to shame. Marinette gave him a questioning look, and she finally realized what she was doing. Marinette yelped, beet red. She immidiately got off. "S-sorry! I didn't mean to-" She got cut off by Chat's smirk.

He slid his arms around her waist, pulling her closer to him, copying their earlier position. "You could have just told me you wanted to cuddle princess~" Chat Noir grinned ear to ear and Marinette found herself cuddling with a hero in a tight spandex suit. She hated admitting it, but she was definitely warmer in that position. She kind of...liked it. Chat didn't feel any different, because he liked it too.

She decided not to say anything else. Marinette flushed, relishing in Chat's warmth.

Chat Noir Pov

Marinette got off me, looking up at me with that beautiful smile of her's. "Thanks..." She spoke gratefully. And I gave her an authentic smile in return.

I stared at her bluebell eyes, it was so beautiful. I suddenly felt a familiar feeling, like a sort of...flutter. Then I knew, I always felt like this whenever Ladybug was around.

But why am I feeling like this right now? Ladybug isn't here...

Marinette's voice brought me back to reality. "Uhm, it's getting pretty late. You should go..." Marinette tucked a loose strand of hair behind her ear. "Oh yeah." I stood on the balcony railing, about to jump off when I felt a hand stop me. "Wait...!"

"Yes...?" I turned to her. "C-can you visit often?" She looked away, hiding her blush, unlucky for her, I saw, intending to tease her. "You enjoy my company, don't you...?" I smirked, waiting for an answer. She mumbled something, making flustered noises which I found incredibly adorable. Frankly, I enjoyed teasing her.

"Well- uh-" Marinette spluttered. "I'm kidding princess, I do too. And...I'll visit when I can." I assured the flustered blunette. She crossed her arms, refusing to meet with my eyes. My ring interrupted the silence.

"You can go now..." She finally decided to look at me. "Goodnight ma princesse." I kissed her cheek, I didn't know why, I just did it. I suddenly couldn't control my body anymore. "G-goodnight..." I saw her brush her kissed cheek.

I smiled at her once more before jumping into the night with a slightly red face.

Why did I do that...?

A/N: Hey ya'll, thanks so much for reading the fifth chapter, I really appreciate you guys. A special thank you to Marichat4lifeee Chatinette_fangirl StarmiyaMariChat Crazy_MLB_Fan and Marichat544 Thank you so much for reading, commenting and just being downright paw-some! <3

Remember to Vote, Comment, and Share :)

Have a nice Day/Afternoon/Night...!

~1393 words~