Chapter 32: Minatory

Third Person

Flashing lights of red and blue were ablaze.

Blaring sirens from multiple ambulances were almost ear-splitting. Cries and weeps from helpless citizens were perceived. Helpless laments, for the reason of their most beloved's passing, or their injuries. Emergency responders took them urgently, whether they were soulless corpses or the deplorably maimed.

Aside from such misery — buildings were broken, walls were vandalized, the streets were filthy, and bodies of water were brown and contaminated. The city's peace and purity were completely disrupted.

Ladybug wasn't there to fix the turmoil Paris was in just yet.

"Miss Rossi, you are under arrest for various crimes against humanity. You have the right to remain silent. If you do or say anything, what you say can be used against you in a court of law," Roger Raincomprix firmly said, cuffing her and putting her inside the patrol car.

"Screw you all," Lila scoffed bitterly, her expression immediately changing once she saw her parents peek from outside. "Mom..." she quietly sobbed as the window fully closed and the car began to drive away.

She was going to have to go through a lot of processes. First and foremost, they were going to take her to the Police Station. After identifying and securing her personal data, they were going to get both the accused's statements: Lila, and witnesses: Chat Noir, Rena Rouge, Chloé, and Sabrina. Then, the police were to file a case against her.

The woman was caught redhanded and many were documenting her act. Several people who had survived were taking pictures and collecting information of those who had perished because of her — gathering evidence to present to the jury for good measure. 

Furthermore, it could be possible Lila could be taken to an international court, since her main intention was to control the world. Taking account of the fact that they had no incriminating verification of that, the chances were low as well.

"My baby..." The woman covered her mouth in shame as tears stained her cheeks. Marinette, who was beside her, pitied them. She met eyes with Chat, and they both looked at the parents despondently.

The latter caressed her back to subtly comfort her. "It's not your fault, Mrs," he assured.

"I'm sorry I...I just don't like the thought of seeing her in court." She wiped her eye. "I never wanted to raise her to be like this," she spoke sadly.

"It's not you," he paused, "maybe it's the lack of you."

The only reason he knew was because he empathized with the girl. The green-eyed hero lived his whole life without his mother. As for his father, he was busy handling his business and running the Gabriel brand. 

His father focused on laying his future out for him, making sure they were successful and well-known. Adrien cared for none of that. He simply wished for his father's occasional presence and love. Was that too much to ask?

Perhaps. Well, he had his classmates' friendship and his wonderful partnership with Ladybug. Above all, Marinette's affection. It was unfortunate he lost that particular love due to silly regulations. 

The man regrettably agreed, immediately snapping him from his thoughts.  "You're right. Lila has always craved her mother's and my attention. We barely spent time with her. So, maybe throughout that period of time, she formed this...awful mindset."

The two were appalled at that. Lila's father had a point. 

"We know it's a lot to take in. If my daughter went against Hawkmoth and planned to take over the universe, just to make me proud, I'd be speechless. Not in a good way," Chat voiced his opinion, downcast.