Chapter 34: Divulge

Third Person

It was a dire night at seven o'clock.

The heroes greeted each other, standing beside the place they planned to meet — the Louvre museum.

The celestial stars glowed from above, blessing Paris with its beauty. Quiet chatters from several Parisians were heard, adding to the city's muffled cacophony. Regardless of the two's inauspicious expectancy, the twilight was undeniably beautiful. 

"Good evening, milady." He kissed the back of her hand, implying his respect for her presence.

"Good evening..." She tried not to blush at the gesture. The only moments they would meet were as Chat Noir and Ladybug. Their breakup was dead serious, even if they did save Paris together as heroes.

They began traveling to where they had to be. Their environment was ill-lighted, and almost foggy. The rain earlier didn't last too long, nonetheless, it left small puddles here and there.

There were no convenient stores in sight, nor were there any street vendors. The alley was as clean as a well-maintained park, but as silent as a library. It was almost like a ghost town.

After a few minutes, they arrived at their intended destination. They examined the place; in all honesty, it wasn't too bad. Nature flourished, and one could say it was stunning as plants surrounded the garage.

"Are you sure this is the right address?" Chat raised an eyebrow, unsure.

"I think so, it's what the paper says." She grasped the ripped parchment.

She read the written words out loud, "Ladybug and Chat Noir, we have vital matters to discuss. Make sure no one else but you two will see this. Be certain that no one follows you as well. The information I'm about to share is extremely confidential. Seven-ten o'clock at nightfall, meet me at the address that follows—"

"Ladybug?" The male interrupted her dictation.

"Is something in your mind? What is it?" she questioned, putting the piece back in its' box.

"This could be dangerous for the both of us," Chat Noir told her, "how can we trust that girl?"

"You have a point. But she looked pretty innocent to me." She crossed her arms. The woman in pigtails couldn't help but think that she may have seen that girl somewhere. "Familiar too," Ladybug added.

"Don't judge a book by its cover," he uttered. "You never know."

"I agree. But it's not like we're underage heroes with no experience," she smirked.

"I see what you mean." He chuckled amusedly, agreeing with the heroine.

The two paused for a while, nodding at each other and kicking the entrance. They looked at each other again, puzzled, for they have expected to be trapped in some way. 

The stench of old vehicle parts wafted through the thick air, lingering in their nostrils. The corners of the garage had mucky cabinets and moth-eaten couches. The entire place was wide but windowless. Lit only by two light bulbs on each side of the room. And an aged, but well-functioning ceiling fan allowed air to circulate around. Lastly, there was a table that separated a chair and two others — which they assumed was to be for them. 

And on that one chair, there sat a dimpled girl, who hastily put her phone in her pocket. She wore a lemon-themed headband with a bow. She had a light yellow-colored v-neck shirt with sleeves. Along with a black belt to tighten her dark beige jeans. Accompanied with simple, black sneakers.

For the most part, the garage was tidy. But because of barging in so suddenly, there was an uncomfortable awkwardness. What they did wasn't the best way to enter one's residence.