Chapter 18: Game night

Third Person

"Hah! I win again...!" Marinette announced triumphantly, getting off the couch and doing a little victory dance. "Darn it..." Chat hit the controller to his head, sighing in defeat. The two were playing Ultimate Mecha Strike III, it was Chat Noir's idea, thinking since Marinette's parents weren't home, they could play videogames and bicker as long as they wanted to.

Flashback

"Your parents aren't home, right?"

"Well...no," Marinette shook her head with a slight blush.

Chat Noir smirked.

"So...you up for video games?" he grinned. Marinette wore an approving smile, nodding her head. The hero in black put her down as Plagg flew towards them; he was just in time. "You told me to come back at 10 pm and here I am, are you taking her back?"

"Yeah. You can stay there too, and eat all the camembert you want." Marinette said. "Then let's go, I'm hungry," Plagg complained. "Can you get anymore impatient?" the boy in the hoodie growled. "Shut up and transform."

Marinette laughed at their short quarrel as the blonde boy turned into the hero of Paris. He carried her and went back to the pink room. "Claws in..."

"Follow me, let's go downstairs."

Marinette led the boy down the hatch to the living room. Plagg didn't need to be told, the kwami flew towards the kitchen with no hesitance. Little did the two teens know, Tikki was waiting for Plagg there.

Earlier when the couple was confessing and being lovey-dovey, Tikki and Plagg were in a world of their own. They were eating macarons and camembert in Marinette's kitchen, talking about their earlier kwami years and how they fell in love.

Plagg claimed it was the only time he was going to be this cheesy and in love. The kwami of destruction was wrong of course, he was always smitten for the kwami of creation, and her only.

Marinette prepared the controllers and everything, and they both sat on the couch with competitive smirks, selecting their avatars.

Present

"You're too good at this, it's unfair!" he pouted. "Nah, you just suck at this," she insulted, cackling evilly. "Whatever, I want a rematch."

"If you want to lose again, sure, why not."

Halfway through the game both of them were already on level three. "Purr-incess~" whispering seductively, he leaned closer to her neck. "That won't work on me," she stated in a shaky voice, yet there were already beads of sweat sliding down her forehead.

The girl with pigtails could barely focus, she was constantly licking her upper lip, and pressing the buttons nervously, a little jumpy. "If you let me win I might give you a reward..." the desperate boy murmured.

"Y-you're pathetic..." she stammered, struggling. "Am I? Don't you want to know what the reward is...?" Chat tempted. "S-shut up, no I don't," at this point, Marinette was hyperventilating. "You sure?" he asked, eyes still focused on the game.

The blunette was a red mess, she was confuzzled. In fact, she did want to know. His 'reward' could be anything, literally anything. Marinette wanted to know what it was. She couldn't focus on the game anymore and her head was now filled with questions. What type of thing was it? Was it expensive? Was it an accessory? A garment? A toy? What was it?

"And now a Quarter-Super-Plus Heavy Kick, and Flying Hyper Storm, Chat Noir style!" he exclaimed. "And I win!!!" Chat announced, dropping the controller on the sofa and spreading his arms wide in victory.